McLennon: Soulmate

Paul shifts around in the car as his dad drives them to the beach, they've been in the car for hours now and it's getting uncomfortably cramped in the back with the bags and his younger brother.

Mike, his younger brother is bouncing around in his seat touching the words on his arm, "You're pants are on fire" was what Mike's soulmate Jennifer told him a few months ago and Mike couldn't get over the fact that he met his soulmate.

Paul on the other hand felt nervous, he's older far more experienced and he's almost eighteen! And what does he have? Nothing!

Why does his baby brother have to find a soulmate before he does? Usually the older sibling would find their mate before the little sibling would, why now was it different?

Paul closes his eyes and pictures his soulmate what she looks like. Beautiful blond hair with beautiful green eyes and adorable splatter of freckles across her nose. She'll have big caring eyes and will be Paul's best friend and his wife. She would be thin and fit perfectly in his arms, she'll love cuddles and kisses.

Long walks on the beach and she would be slightly taller than him. His soulmate will wants of dogs mostly little sheep dogs with long fur. And they'll live on a farm far away from his father maybe they'll live in Scotland.

Some days he wished Linda was his soulmate she was the cute girl from his home economics class she was his dream girl but they weren't soulmates. Her soulmate was this nerdy boy named Richie he has a big nose and sad eyes. They are very happy together but Paul keeps longing for her.

They arrive at the beach, "Paul wake up!" Mike screams in Paul's ear disturbing him from his daydream.

"Goddamn it, Micheal." Paul hisses earning a pop in the from their father James,

"You do not use God's name in vain." he reminds them.

They arrive at the beach and James McCartney gets them a nice spot not to close to the water but just right, "Alright, Paul, sunscreen time." James held up the bottle.

Paul huffs and let's his father lather him in the sunscreen all over his body where ever bare skin was it was coated thickly in sunscreen, "Micheal it's your turn." James faces him,

"I want to burn, pa!" Mike yells taking off running,

James sighs, "Paul go get your brother."

"But-"

His father steps forward hand raised, "Did I stutter, James?"

Paul flinches and shakes his head, "Good," his father says, "Now after, Micheal. If he gets the faintest hint of a sunburn you're arse is going to be tanned. Understand?"

Paul nods and runs after him dodging small children and other beach goers. He ducks and dodges the birds. His feet burn with the sand. Paul chases after his brother his fingers so  close to grabbing Mike's yellow swim shorts when Paul accidently steps on John's towel and knocks over John's umbrella. John shouts,  "Hey, dick for brains! Watch it!"

And John watches in horror as the words sprawl across Paul's chest and all Paul can say is, "S-Sorry, sir."

And John can feel the tingling of the words sprawling onto his arm and he knows Paul knows what's on his chest and the only thing he can think of is to ask, "Do you want a drink?" and reaches for a beer in his cooler.

Paul sits down on the towel hugging his knees he accepts the beer, "So?" Paul takes a sip and scrunched his face up at the taste making John chuckle,

"Yeah you have 'dicks for brains' on your chest now.'' John looks down, "Sorry about that. I've been drinking too much."

Paul touches his chest feeling the words warmed by the sun, "My pa's going to freak. He wanted me with a good Christan girl."

John grabs two beach balls that he had and puts them on his chest, "I can be a girl if you want. Look at my big bodonkers."

Paul snorts and hands John back his beer, "So, soulmate?" John looks at him, "How about I buy you down dinner since we're going to be stuck together for life?"

John grins, "Yeah, I would like that."

"Great." Paul stands up and dusts the sand off his shorts, "I'll meet you at Lunar's pier at 6."

John nods, "Okay, dick for brains."

Paul shakes his head rolling his eyes grinning, "And if there's two fellas waiting for you, my name's Paul."

And then he was gone leaving John alone on the beach only the rushing waters was the only thing John hears and the talking of other beach goers, he couldn't wait for his date with Paul.

Paul is shaking when he gets back to his father. Mike has a large bruise on his back from where their father him, "Paul you didn't catch him." James' voice was cold, "Can you do anyth-"

"He found his soulmate!" Mike points out the words on Paul's chest, "Who's the lucky girl?"

James' eyes narrow and he reads the words, ''No girl would have such a foul mouth. Paul is a poof, a nasty little faggot."

Mike gasps and backs up he looks at Paul like Paul's  going to hump him, "I can't believe I let you see me change!"

Paul whimpers this was hurting him, "Mike you're my brother. I can't see you like that. I love you but only like brothers."

"You're disgusting." James growls, "Put a shirt on I'm not letting anyone see that my son is stuck with a faggot."

Paul puts a shirt on and is forced to sit under the umbrella doing nothing if he moves his father hits his back and head. Paul looks at his watch and reads its 5:30PM with James distracted and Mike in the water, Paul flees to Lunar's Pier. He was a disgusting sinful mess, he knew that but at least he had his soulmate.