Maylor: I'm A Dad

Alright Happieness2001  Broke The Tie So I'll Publish Maylor tonight and Froger tomorrow night with whatever request I get.

Brian kisses Roger good morning as the blond cooks in the kitchen, Brian goes into the other bedroom where Roger’s son Jesse is sleeping. Roger and Brian have dated since Jesse was three-years-old the boy now was a healthy five-year-old.

“Hey little man, time for breakfast. Eggs and bacon.”

Jesse jumps out of bed, “Bacon! Bacon! Mama got bacon!” he runs down the hallways into the kitchen. Brisn can hear a yelp and the ice maker being used, little one must have burned himself on bacon. He comes into the kitchen to see Jesse licking an ice cube rapidly whimpering pitifully, “He learned why mama says not to eat it, it is hot means.” Roger says wagging his spatula in Jesse’s direction,

“Boy’s gotta learn somehow.” Brian laughs, kissing Jesse’s head. After that they eat breakfast, Jesse is the first one done and he races off to play by himself. 

Roger and Brian chat as they drink coffee and discuss Jesse starting kindergarten in the fall how big he’s grown since Brian met him two years ago. And how active and playful he is, they talk about funny moments they had with Jesse, you know normal parent talk. Brian got them more coffee and they held hands, “... I’m I a good father to Jesse?”

Roger smiles, “You’re better than my asshole abusive ex, Martin. Who nearly dropped kicked Jesse down a flight of stairs and nearly fed him to an aggressive ex police dog German Shepherd.” 

Brian nods slowly, “I’m the best dad to him in the whole wide world then….” Brian looks to Roger, “Did the restraining order come in yet?”

“Yes I’m protected against Martin for two years and Jesse’s protected until he’s 19.” Roger whispers hearing little pitter patter of footsteps he tries not to bring up Jesse’s birth father when the little boy is around.

They stop talking as Jesse enters the room, he waddles to the table, he  slides a paper face down on the table to Brian, “Here daddy.” that was the first time Jesse had called him daddy. When Roger and Brian first started dating Roger told Jesse that he didn’t have to call Brian dad but he had to be respectful to him. And Jesse’s always called him “B’ian” never daddy.

Brian was already teary eyed but when he flipped the picture over he cried there was three little stick figures at the top was written, “Mi famaly” it broken childish writing.

Underneath was a stick figure with blond hair, a little stick figure with messy brown hair, and a very long stretched out stick figure with black curly hair. Underneath their feet was the words, “Mummy, me, daddy”.

His mama said, "I understand if it's too soon for this.” Brian didn't let Roger finish,

he stuck it on the fridge a proud teary eyed smile on his face.

Brian faces Roger Jesse has run off again to do more drawings since Brian loved that one so much, “Jesse isn’t my blood, he doesn’t have my name…” Brian pauses, “But if he did, I'd feel the same, I wasn't there for his first steps, But I haven’t missed a ball game yet. And that won’t ever change, I could never walk away from him. Yeah, he's my son and that's my choice. He ain't my blood but he's my boy.” Brian tells Roger sternly watching the blond tear up it all hit Brian like a train, the first time Jesse called him dad was in a three stick figure crayon picture with all of them holding hands,

“Brian!” Roger hugs him tightly and kisses him Brian kisses him back gingerly and sweetly. They step into the living room where Jesse looks up from his art table he grins wide at them showing his gapped tooth smile Brian sees a worried look come across Roger’s face and Brian kisses Roger’s forehead, “He ain't got my smile, that don't bother me a bit. He's got somebody else's eyes I'm seeing myself in

I'm holding on to every moment, God knows I've missed a few… The day we met I knew I had some catching up to do.” 

Roger squeezes Brian’s hand, “You’re the best father ever.”

Brian smiles he never planned on being a father but there was something about Roger and Jesse that made Brian stay. He would give up his life for them and made sure Jesse had everything he needed,

“Jess has a kiddie baseball game today at 5.” Roger reminds him,

Brian nods and writes it down on the chalkboard they leave at 4:30PM and they made it on time for Jesse’s game. After it was over and people were starting to leave and Jesse was coming out to ask for McDonald’s since his team won,  Brian got down on one knee, “Roger Meddows Taylor, I have grown to love you and your son so much. Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?”

Roger screams and kisses him knocking Brian into the dirt, Jesse shyly tugs on his daddy’s shirt, “Daddy can we get the clown food?” 

Roger laughs hands on Brian’s cheeks foreheads pressed together with happy tears streaming down Roger’s face a small crowd was forming around them, “Yes you can get McDonald’s, champ.” Brian says standing up with Roger still clinging to him.

Brian drives them to McDonald’s and they head inside Jesse tugs on his parents’ arms, “Hey everybody!” Jesse yells at the top of his lungs causing a lot of people to look over, “My mommy and new daddy are going to be married!”

Roger hides his face trying to ignore everyone’s stares Brian lightly scolds Jesse as they walk to the counter. The cashier greets them warmly as they order their food Jesse got a happy meal (this was before McDonald’s made it shitty), as they go to pay the cashier looks up at Roger and Brian, “Congrats on your engagement. Your little man seems very happy.”

Jesse beams as they walk away so others can order, “You hear that daddy? I’m a man!”

Brian laughs a little and ruffles his hair. They soon got their food on their tray were three little bowls of vanilla ice cream, “Excuse?” Brian says, “We didn’t order ice cream.” 

The cashier smiles, “Oh it’s just a little congrats from us plus your little man seems like he needs something sweet.”

Roger didn’t have the heart to tell her that Jesse is lactose intolerant; he accepts the treats and they sit down to eat. It was by far the best day of their lives.