Fredcheal: Just The Two of Us ⭐

vampiregirl2131890 Here's Your Request

Freddie coughs as he's wheeled into a new room by his nurse. She's a plain woman with greying hair pinned back tight against her head.

"Do you need help getting in bed, Mr. Bulsara?" she asks, her voice thick with an accent from her motherland.

''N-No, Manna. I got it." Freddie's arm trembles as he uses them to help him stand up and walk the few feet to the bed.

"You have a roommate." she points her bony finger to where the curtain divides the room.

Freddie nods and sits down in the center of his new bed, he sits Indian style. Freddie looks around as his nurse leaves the room, he hated that he had Cystic Fibrosis, he hated the hospitals, they made him sick anymore. There was nothing that made him want to stay, he wished they would let him die at home instead of forcing breathing treatments down him.

The sixteen-year-old looks around for the remote he wanted to watch the telly. He sighs not seeing it anywhere on his side. Freddie calls out to his roommate, "Hey, darling? Do you have the remote? I wanted to watch the telly."

He was worried his roommate up and died on him when the person didn't respond. Ten there came a muffled talking and a beautiful Greek boy rolls himself over to Freddie remote in his lap, "Here buddy.'' he had an oxygen tank strapped to the wheelchair and the breathing tube was in his nose, he hands Freddie the remote his dark hair was tousled and a messy bed-head he had.

Fred's roommate must have it worse than him but the lad is so chipper and jolly despite being in a stuffy bland room, "I'm George Michael, I'm seventeen."

"Freddie Bulsara, sixteen. I have Cystic Fibrosis.''

George's eyes lit up, "So do I!" he gasps and rubs at his chest, "Got a little too excited apparently.'

Freddie giggles and the two talk for hours forgetting about wanting to watch the tv, forgetting how boring and dull the hospital is. Freddie has George now.

The two boys spend a lot of time together after that. Watching the telly, reading the books George’s mother would bring in, and they would even sneak out onto the hospital roof and watch the city go by once curfew struck and they weren’t allowed in the small community garden.

They sit beneath the willow tree in the garden. Freddie's head is on George’s shoulder watching the book, “...There had never been a man she couldn’t get, once she set her mind upon him. “I’ll think of it all tomorrow, at Tara. I can stand it then. Tomorrow, I’ll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day. The End.” George reads.

It was, “Gone With The Wind”, a book the two have read over and over again. They never seem to get bored with it. It was their book and no one else’s. This is what made them grow closer.

Then as the months turned into a  year of being in hospital they exchanged small kisses and cuddles, small “I love yous”, small gifts exchanged. They were falling in love with each other, they didn’t know how much time they had with each. They could die at forty, or they could die right now. It was unknown, they have to live a little.

“Here,” George says one night holding up a silver ring, 

Freddie looks up from his hospital bed laying the book he borrowed from George in his lap, “What?” Freddie fiddles with the sleeve of his sweater he stole from George when it started to get cold out.

“It’s a ring.” he places it on Freddie’s finger, “When we get out I promise to marry you.”

Freddie sniffles and he felt tears welling up, “Oh George!” Freddie slings his arms around George making the boy grunt and nearly fell over, 

“I love you, Freddie.” George whispers, “I really do.” 

“I love you too, Georgie.” Freddie smiles,

George kisses him, and it’s Freddie’s first kiss. Tingles shot up at him, it felt electric. George rests his forehead against Freddie they’re both grinning like idiots. Oh they were in love.

George gets worse, Freddie knows they’re dreams of leaving the hospital are dulling, well for George anyway. He can’t leave the bed anymore, he’s surviving on the oxygen the hospital is providing to him. George’s dark eyes looks fearful of his surroundings before they close and his body starts shutting down.

Freddie is told to say his goodbyes. He does so before George’s family comes in. He dies at age eighteen surrounded by his family and boyfriend. Freddie weeps and grieves, it burns through his body like he’s being carved with a hot rod. It digs into him ripping away his heart. Lesley, George’s mother comes into the room something wrapped haphazardly in tissue paper, red George’s and his favorite color.

Freddie shakily unwraps it, it’s “Gone With The Wind” the copy George would read to him daily. He open it up to the cover on the blank left side there was a note, “To My Dearest Freddie,”

“Today something happened that spooked me alright. I overheard the doctors and my parents, they’re saying I got pneumonia now, and that’s going to be my death sentence even though I feel fine.”

Freddie felt himself tear up he looked around the room Lesley left without a word he lets the tears free fall, “I'll be here for you. Even if you decide to get rid of my favorite sweater. Even if you go out on my birthday this year instead of staying at home letting all of life's moments pass by You don't have to cry, my love.”

Freddie sobs trying to read trying not to get his tears on their book, “When you take off my ring and you let yourself smile… When you meet some handsome and patient and true, when he says that he wants to be married to you.”

Freddie chokes up and he can hear George’s voice as he reads the last line, “I love you my wonderful handsome Freddie, you’re allowed to move on. Give another your wonderful smile, let another man have your lips. Love your late boyfriend, Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou.”

Freddie cries hugging the book to his chest. He’ll never love again, he vows, only George will have his heart. Freddie lays in bed till his eyes forcefully shut and his dreams are hunted by George, the once beautiful George who’s now six feet under wearing a suit for the first time and the last time. Freddie will never let himself love again.