Teen!Queen: Prom

The boys sat down near the back of the room waiting on their teacher in the next classroom over was the religious health class they could hear the teacher talking, 

"You already learned the most basic mechanics of pregnancy and gestation during Biology last year. No, you're not gonna get to see pornographic images, we're going to have very clinical diagrams. Boys and girls will both learn about boy parts and girl parts, so get your 'ewws' out of the way now. Try not to have sex outside of marriage, but if you do be smart about it, and yes we will be talking about safe sex. And finally, we're not going to teach anything about sexuality besides this: some people like boys, some people like girls, the Church's opinion is still evolving on the matter so just try and be the best person you can and I'm sure God will understand."

“They get to learn about birds and the bees and we’re stuck with his class.” Roger huffs,

“Sex is gross.” John wrinkles his nose, “I’m never going to have it.”

“Come on man when a girl puts your tits in your face what ya gonna do?” Roger asks,

“Politely ask her to stop as that’s sexual harassment.” John says smiling.

Roger looks to Freddie, “What are you going to do?”

Freddie panicked he didn’t want to tell the guys he hasn’t been checking out the girls and instead has been checking out the football team, “Uh, b-bounce them!!” Freddie’s voice cracked and Roger high-fives him,

“My man, you got it.” Roger faces John, “See we’re reliable with the ladies.” he winks at Mary Austin who looks disgusted at him.

John shakes his head, “You’re a pervert Roger.”

“Hey,” Brian’s voice cuts in, “Has anyone asked you out for the prom yet?”

John, Roger, and Freddie shake their heads glumly, “What about you?” Roger asks,

“I’m going with Chrissie! She asked me out! She got me flowers, vegan chocolates, and she made this cute artsy sign!” Brian swoons.

Roger snorts, “Lucky man. Wish I had someone do that for me.”

Roger gets shoved as Mary pushes herself between Freddie and Roger, “You’re talking about prom right,  Freddie?”

“Well Brian brought it up and we-“

Mary twirls a lock of her blond hair, “You want to go to prom with me?”

“Eh, I don’t-“

“Pick me up at 6, okay?” Mary says,

“Uh sure?” Freddie was getting overwhelmed.

Mary kisses his head and flounces back over to her desk just as the teacher arrived, “Lucky duck, I’ve been trying to get in her skinny jeans since year nine, mate.” Roger hisses, 

“I’ve dated her and she’s a bitch.” Brian says.

Freddie slinks in his seat as the teacher yells at them to be quiet. It felt like class was going to last forever. Finally the bell rings and they file out, Freddie crashes into John as he stops, staring at a copper haired girl getting a drink from the fountain, “Who’s that beauty?” John asks as a lovesick look crosses his face.

“That’s Veronica Tetzlaff she’s in the religious classes mostly.” Brian tells him, as he fixes his watch.

“Veronica,” John says slowly, “Such a beautiful name.” he wanders over to her practically drooling.

Roger wipes an imaginary tear from his eye, “Our Johnny is all grown up.”

Freddie sighs, “And prom is tonight….” 

John comes back beaming from ear to ear, “Lookie! Lookie!” he holds out his arm, “She gave me her number! I’m not going to be alone at prom!”

Roger sulks and fumes for the rest of the day and when Brian picks them up in his mum’s SUV he was still fuming. Freddie got out of the SUV and knocked on Mary’s front door her father yanks open the door, “Why the fuck are you here? You’re filthy.” he pinches Freddie’s brown skin, “Filthy.”

“I’m F-Freddie, Mr. Austin. I’m Mary’s date to the prom.” Freddie stutters terrified for his life,

“Freddie? That’s a white boy's name shouldn’t you be Mohammed or Alkbar?”

“My real name is Farrokh. I’m Parsi Indian, sir.”

“See! You’re nothing but filth.” Mr. Austin tells him, 

“Daddy, leave my date alone.” Mary stomped her foot.

Mr. Austin sheepishly backs down muttering about the Middle East and oil,

Mary takes Freddie by the elbow and walks him out. She was wearing a knee length light pink dress and some light makeup, her hair was curled and she had a few hair clips in her hair. She had a pair of white flats and she was carrying a black clunky purse, along with some nice simple earrings and necklace. She didn’t say anything about the ride; she just clang to Freddie and snuggled him during the trip. Freddie wanted to scream, he felt uncomfortable and just wanted to be alone during the dance.

Yet here they were now inside of the school trying to have the best night of their young lives and he’s stuck dancing with Mary as she grinds against him and tries to kiss him. He breaks away from her and runs into the bathroom. He splashes water on his face and looks at the window. It was far too small for him to fit through.  Maybe if he was two and not eighteen but for now he’s trapped and forced to carry on prom with Mary.   

A chubby nerdy looking boy exits one of the stalls and washes his hands, “Oh hey! You’re the kid from Mrs. Nelson’s room.” the nerdy boy says a faint blush dusting onto his cheeks, “I’m Jim Hutton.” hopefully the other boy wouldn’t know about Jim’s crush.

Freddie blushes damn this boy was hot, “I’m Freddie, and yep I’m the teacher’s assistant for Mrs. Nelson, Jimmy.”

Jim blushes darker  and looks up at him, 

“So prom’s boring.” Freddie says, “I’m stuck with this boring chick and-“

Jim lunges and kisses him, Freddie hits his head off the wall and kisses him back. Freddie’s hands lower just as he was about to grab ass the door bangs open, “Freddie, Brian’s got a gaping wound on the-“ Roger stares at them, “Holy fuck you’re gay!”

Freddie shushes him and a blushing Jim joins his side, “Hush you numb nut!” 

“You’re cheating on Mary!” Roger whisper-yells, “Her daddy is going to slap the brown off of you!”  

Mary steps in, she eyes Jim then Freddie, “I knew it wasn’t going to work. I shouldn’t have been so pushy on ya… I guess I just wanted to piss my daddy off.” she hands Freddie three crumpled 20£ notes for his troubles.

“A little help!” Brian whimper, Chrissie had a blood soaked napkin pressed against Brian’s cheek. 

“What in the name of the Macarena did you do!” Freddie says, 

“Paul was throwing knives around and I got hit…” Brian slurs drooling as Chrissie puts her fingers in his mouth, 

“He’s apparently a free bleeder.” Chrissie adds, “Who can drive?”

“I volunteer as tribute!” Roger yells leading his friends to the SUV. 

They all pile into the car, Jim having to sit on Freddie’s lap and Roger acts like he’s drag racing but they make it to the hospital after they almost run over a woman in record time. Brian gets his cheek patched up and they are allowed to go home. The six teenagers will never forget their senior prom that’s for sure.