Platonic!Frain: You're Like A Father To Me⭐

vampiregirl2131890 Here's Your Request

Freddie snarls bawling his fists as Paul keeps talking shit about Freddie’s parents and Dr. May. 

“Your dad is so ancient he’s going to dead before you’re even out of the hospital.”

Freddie tries to stand up to his full height of five feet, “Stop it.” he growls, 

“And Dr. May is the worst doctor ever and your mom is lug and she smells like curry. You’re just towelheads.”

Freddie socks him in the mouth and slams him onto the ground pounding his fist into Paul’s face. He lays blow after blow not letting Paul get a hit in. He’s yanked off by none other than Dr. May himself. The boys are put in different rooms Freddie holds his side whimpering,

 “You ripped your stitches out.” Brian states repatching Freddie back up.

“I-I’m sorry.”

Brian pauses and shakes his head, “You’re going to be discharged tomorrow.”

“I know, sir.” Freddie whispers as Brian puts a Care Bear bandaid on his belly,

“You’re all cleaned up.” Brian says standing up.

“I’m sorry.” Freddie says again, 

“You were defending your honor. It’s fine.” Brian says. “Paul has cancer anyway, I give him two years at most.”

Freddie covers his face, “I beat the cancer kid up!”

“His dick anyway.” Brian whispers, “Fucker bit me.”

Freddie laughs and Brian escorts him back to his room where Brian’s supervisor is and a woman in a pantsuit. The woman takes Freddie into his room and Brian is led into the break room by his supervisor.

“Dr. May.” the supervisor sets a file down, 

“Sir?” Brian asks nervously.

“You’re going on a suspension and a case is opening up.” 

“Excuse me?” Brian gasps.

“You’re spending too much time alone with young Bulsara. And there’s reports you’re molested Freddie.”

Brian gets out of his seat, “I did no such thing!”

“I’m sorry but until we get the story straight you’re being put on leave without pay.”

Brian leaves the room in defeat and gathers his stuff up. Head hung low, Paul’s mother laughs at him as he does the walk of shame. Freddie peeks out from his room looking sadly at Brian.

They won’t see each other for a long time after that. Brian took work working in an adult hospital. Brian would be in his forties and Freddie would be in his twenties. Freddie came in as a trauma patient. He was in a car accident, a buddy was driving them to the movies and a drunk driver hit them. Freddie was the only survivor.

Brian got him stabilized and an older surgeon worked on him. When Freddie wakes Brian asked him the typical questions,  “What day is it?”, “Who’s the current ruler?”, “Do you know where you are at?”.

“You were my old doctor from the children’s hospital. You were like a father to me.” Freddie says weakly holding his wrapped head.

“I’m glad that you remembered all that.” Brian says softly.

Freddie smiles, he's grown into his teeth and ears and he would start to be quite the heartbreaker among the ladies if Fred’s into that.

Brian smiles softly, “Where’s your security blanket?”

“Oh mama said I was too old after the case happened and burned it.”

“Oh.” was all Brian says, “Stuff animals?”

“I was never allowed.” Freddie looks down sadly.

Brian’s heart broke and he wished Freddie well and clocked out for the day. Brian makes his way to the gift shop over priced flowers, toys, books, and cards stocked in the store. Brian grabs a stuffed Dalmatian puppy and puts it on the register along with one of the books he thinks Freddie would enjoy.

Brian enters the room again on the lookout for coworkers and snooping patients. Freddie’s struggling to stay away, Brian hands him the plushie and Freddie’s eyes light up and he tears up, “T-Thank you so much.”

Brian smiles and Freddie’s hugs him tight. Brian hugs him gingerly since he just had surgery to keep him alive for longer. Brian goes to leave but something nags him to stay and he does. Fred snuggles his new stuffie as Brian reads to him, Freddie whimpers a slight feeling of pain and he closes his eyes.

The heart monitor slows and Brian’s head jerks up and his own heart drops. Brian calls a cold blue and Freddie’s brought back but he doesn’t open his eyes. Brian keeps reading to him as if they’ll bring him back. After nearly six months comatosed Freddie was declared brain dead and his parents had him taken off life support.

Brian was invited to the private ceremony for Freddie and the funeral too. Brian said a few nice words about Freddie and how he was a kind soul. And he added the Dalmatian stuffie into Freddie’s arms. Wishing him a better journey.

Brian was one of the pallbearers to carry Freddie’s casket out of the church. And Brian was the last one at the grave before dirt was piled on top. Once the gravediggers were gone Brian read from the book he visited Fred each week. Brian loved the grave his parents gave to Freddie, he couldn’t read a single word it was in Parsi and had their religious symbol on it. But he knows Freddie was only 24-years-old when he passed.

Brian keeps reading in the graveyard until the book is finished. When the book is finished he finally lets himself cry. Warm hot tears running down his pale cheeks he hugs the cool black stone grave before getting up book under his arm. The wind blows and he looks at the cemetery gate. A woman walking a Dalmatian puppy is walking by and the puppy looks at Brian and wags their tail. The pup seems to smile at him.

Once the pup is out of sight the wind dies down and all is peaceful. A calm takes over Brian’s body and he knows Freddie is at peace. Brian’s done good for Fred. Done all he can and now it’s all done. Freddie’s finally at rest, Brian leaves the cemetery feeling somewhat better. He’s just happy Freddie’s at peace.