Maylor: A Little Gift⭐

-rogersbestmaracas Here's Your Request

Roger throws up into the toilet, he’s been sickly for nearly a month now. Roger wishes Brian was here with him, but Brian’s on a business meeting. He wasn’t aware of Roger’s illness, Roger refused to tell Brian and now he’s regretting it. Roger feels like ripping his hair out. He drags himself to the house phone kicking a trash can to keep alongside him,

Roger calls John and begs him to come down, he needs someone, 

“And Brian’s on a meeting in Germany, right?” John  questions.

“Yep.”

“And you had sex with him last month?” John ask,

“Uh-huh.” Roger tells him,

“I think you’re pregnant.” John states fixing his glasses,

“Please just come here.”

“Alright, goodbye, love you.”

“Love you too.” John tells him before hanging up.

What he didn’t know is John called Brian and informed him of Roger’s illness,

“Hello?” Brian’s tired voice squeals into the phone.

“Remember Roger?” John asks, 

“My husband of eleven years?” Brian asks.

“Yes.” John says softly.

“Is he hurt? What’s wrong?” Brian asks waking up now,

“He’s very sickly.” John informs him, “Ca-“

“I’m booking a flight for tomorrow. I’ll try and get home as fast as I can.” Brian says, sounding panicked.

“Alright. Goodbye.” John says his parting words and so does Brian.

John comes down with his sick bag for Roger, “I got Powerade, heating pad, snacks, and flavored water.” John informs,

“Thank you.” Roger croaks trying to lay his head on the table and keep what’s left of his lunch down.

“Here take this.” John tells him holding his hand out with something in the palm of his hand,

Roger flinches and grabs it out of John’s hand, “A pregnancy test?”

“Yes piss on it please.” John huffs, “We need to see if Brian’s marshmallow fluff impregnated you.”

Roger grumbles and does as told, feeling worse. He barely makes it to the toilet before he’s puking up his guts, John had to hold his hair back. Roger did take the test though, Twenty minutes later Roger and John both checked the test. Roger bursts into tears, “I-I’m gonna have a baby!”

John catches Roger as he faints. John decided to take Roger to a hospital just to make sure he’s really pregnant and to make sure he didn’t hurt anything. And yes he’s really pregnant, he’s going to have Brian’s baby they’ve been trying for so long.

Brian arrives late that night; he hugs Roger tight and loves him. Rubbing his belly and kissing him all over. Brian cries and just hugs Roger tighter, “We’re going to be parents!”

“Parents!” Roger squeals as Brian picks him up and spins him,

 “We did it! We did it!” Brian yells.

After many failed attempts the battle is not over. They have to make it to full term and pray they make it a month, Roger’s miscarried before and he had one stillborn son they named Harold after Brian’s father. And they had a daughter named Ruth but she was born with heart problems and passed two days later. Maybe this will be their miracle baby?

Roger changes his diet to a more healthy one, he does maternity exercises, and doesn’t let anyone smoke around him. Roger tries to not remain stressed but he grows paranoid during his pregnancy. John offers to take Roger to the spa, get a maternity massage and do some stuff to relax. Roger was laughing and joking with John on their way back it seemed like all the stress was washed away. Then a drunk driver crashes into them hitting the passenger side and sending the car ramming into the guard railing. Everything goes black for Roger.

Roger knows he’s dreaming when he sees John they’re back in their middle school days. John is in his Sunday best so he must have just gotten back from church. His cheeks are a rosy red, his cross necklace glistens in the summer light.

They run around in the fields, the grass tickles their ankles, they sit down on the field hill. The sun warming them up John’s hand is on top of his and John’s eyes are squinting looking in Roger’s direction. He leans over and Roger can smell the sugar cake on his breath, “Meddy?”

“Johnny?” 

John leans in and kisses him cupping his face gingerly. That was the summer of exploration and leaving childhood behind them. 

When Roger wakes up there’s harsh whispers above his bed and the lights blinding. His hands fumble and grab at the breathing tube in his throat. A hand stops him and his scared baby blue eyes look over. Brian, his husband is stopping him, he’s dressed in black, “Freddie go get a nurse.”

Roger’s panicking more his baby, their baby where are they? He reaches for his stomach, “She’s fine, our baby is fine. Tiny but healthy.” Brian informs him kissing his greasy blond hair.

It took what felt forever for all the life saving equipment to be taken out and off of him. With the help of Brian and Freddie he sits up in the bed. Roger’s next thought went to John, his best friend since middle school and fiancé to Freddie, “Can I go see John? I assume he’s close by.”

Freddie has to turn his back on them as Brian takes Roger’s hand and explains to him like if he’s a small child, “I’m sorry but John didn’t make it.”

“E-Excuse me?” Roger stutters tearing up,

Freddie’s sobs break in, “His body went through the windshield.”

Brian looks down, “We haven’t found his head.”

Roger sobs into his hands. Brian hugs him tightly comforting him, “You want to meet our baby?” He tried to distract Roger.

Roger nods, shaking some, a big snot bubble pops. Brian brings in the tiniest baby Roger’s ever seen. He hiccups and cradles their daughter, “Is she wearing Cabbage Patch Kids clothing?”

Brian nods sheepishly, “They don’t make clothes her size. Plus it’s easier to deal with the machines when she needs to be hooked up.”

Roger cuddles her and lets her nurse on him, “She still needs a name.” Brian says softly.

Roger felt the hurt in his heart from losing John. He looks down at their daughter and snuggles her closer, “Joan Rochelle.”