Chapter 20:Dependence

Taio Ru slowly ate his fruit in the garden. Normally while in the garden Taio Ru felt at ease, comfortable, and relaxed.  The dismal fact was that Taio Ru was now terrified.

The once soothing sound of water flowing, now reminded him of the sound of his own blood dripping through the mecha's armour. Paired with the throbbing burning pain in his side bringing him back to that very moment with each breath.

The warm breeze felt like the wind coming from his attackers swinging their weapons by his head. Sending a chill down his spine as he continuously looked back in fear of another attack.

The warm light peeking through the emerald green bamboo leaves, only worked to emphasize the dark shadows. "Whose there?" Taio couldn't help but think whenever he noticed the darkness from the corner of his eye.

Taio Ru tried to take another bite of his favourite plump juicy grapes. Regrettably the sweetness was replaced by a nauseous twisted feeling in his stomach.

Retching noise*

Taio Ru tried to hold it, but couldn't. The next moment, the wretched putrid contents of his stomach were on full display. Seeing his own stomach contents, tears dripping Taio Ru felt mortified.

"Damn it, how am I suppose to clean this?" Taio Ru thought. He didn't want Jun De to return and see what he had done.

In his panic he swiftly twisted his body to look around for something anything he could use.

Ugh*

An intense pain shot through his body. The movement had aggravated his injury. Taio Ru could only lay down in the grass shivering from the pain.

"This is the worst. It hurts, I'm scared, being in this humiliating situation, I hate it." Taio Ru thought.

...

Jun De had tried his best to finish the meeting as quickly as possible. Reaching the door to his room he saw lieutenant Laohu standing guard with a fierce oppressive aura.

"Lieutenant Laohu." Jun De said.

"Marshal, lieutenant Laohu reporting. No individuals approached the area while you were away. Taio Ru has remained in the private garden throughout. As for his current condition, I cannot report on it from my current position." Lieutenant Laohu spoke in a disciplined manner.

"Understood. Return to the mecha bay and discuss our next course of action with lieutenant Wuya. In the evening, we will hold a meeting. I want a full report on the prisoners and the missions plan." Jun De said before quickly stepping forward. He had been worried about Taio Ru every moment since he stepped away.

...

Walking thought the door the first thing he noticed was the smell of blood and vomit.

"Jun De rushed forward no caring about the disgusting stomach contents spread out in the grass Jun De knelt down and gently caressed his little snake.

"Jun De, I'm sorry. I wanted to clean it, I'm so ashamed." Taio Ru sobbed.

"Love, there's nothing to be ashamed of. Your hurt and just went through a traumatic event. I'd be more worried if you had no reaction at all. Let's return to the bedroom first. I'll help you wash and change your bandages." Jun De said as he picked up Taio Tu.

"I shouldn't have left him." Jun De thought regretfully.

"Jun De do you think something might be wrong with my body?" Taio Ru as he slumped listlessly in his hand.

"Love, your body is in a heightened stressed state right now. There is a saying that everyone has a basic instinct of fight or flight when facing danger. Right now your body is in this state." Jun De tried to explain what was happening in a more logical way.