Chapter 45: The Proposal (NSFW)

With things now set in motion at the research lab, Taio Ru focused on setting up the office and preparing to start work.

While Taio Ru was preoccupied by his research, Jun De was also busy dealing with the incessant messages and calls from the Xiongmao family.

The latest message was a collection of photos of both beastmen and beastwomen to be considered for marriage. The message read;

Xiongmao Jun De,
You must choose one of these eligible marriage partners by the end of the day. Fraternizing with mere commoners will not be tolerated.

Jun De read the message furious at the insinuation that they could control his actions.

"What gives that narrow minded family the confidence to think I would ever listen to them." Jun De thought.

Jun De had never been close with anyone in the Xiongmao family. To him they were pompous idiots who only cared about money and status. Growing up in that house he always felt trapped.

The moment he entered high school he got a scholarship to a public school with a dormitory against his family's wishes. They tried everything and eventually got him kicked out of school. He refused to go back to the house so instead he ran to the army. He was only 16, so he couldn't officially join.

However he and the emperor were on good terms. With his help, he was able to "escape" the Xiongmao clans eyes for two years as a nameless gofer in the barracks. At 18, when he officially joined the army, they could no longer say anything.

Years passed and the Xiongmao clan constantly tried to hinder him. Asking favours from other noble families to give him a hard time.

Jun De endured it all. Eventually becoming Marshal, a title the Xiongmao clan could no longer touch.

Yet now, they dared to try and interfere in his life again. Worse it was because of Taio Ru. Jun De stared at the message his eyes cold as he contemplated what to do next.

"Jun De, are things at work still not settled? Do you need to go back?" Taio Ru asked. He was heading to the kitchen to get something to drink when he noticed Jun De's foul mood.

"It's nothing that serious. It's the Xiongmao clan again." Jun De admitted.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Taio Ru asked concerned.

Jun De's first instinct was to refuse, but suddenly an idea popped into his head. With a smile he walked over to Taio Ru wrapping his arms around his slender waist.

"There is. Love, will you accompany me for dinner tonight?" Jun De asked.

"How will that help?" Taio Ru asked not quite sure of Jun De's plan.

"Tonight hopefully I can put an end to the Xiongmao's hopes of controlling me and remind them that I left that family a long time ago." Jun De said not going into detail.

"Okay. Listen to you." Taio Ru said. He didn't know the plan but he trusted Jun De.

...

That night they went out again to the same restaurant as last time. However unlike before they didn't get a private pavilion. Instead it was a table not far from the main room. It's was semi-private. Just enough for Taio Ru's comfort, while allowing others to peek inside with little effort.

Jun De chose this table because he wanted their date to be publicized for everyone to see.

"Jun De, are we really sitting here?" Taio Ru asked feeling a little anxious.

"Sorry, Love. I know this isn't ideal. But I'll make it up to you later." Jun De said. He started feeling guilty, but it was the most efficient way to deal with things.