Chapter 67: Impossible?!

Taio Ru woke up just before midnight still feeling exhausted and nauseous despite not having eaten anything all day. "Why do I feel worse?" He thought as he tried taking deep breaths to calm his stomach.

The attempt proved to be futile, the moment he sat up. His stomach churning, he once again found himself running for the bathroom.

The sound of Taio Ru painfully vomiting what little amount of stomach acid had accumulated in his stomach could be heard from downstairs.

"Doctor?!" Lieutenant Wuya exclaimed the moment he realized something was wrong.

"I'll go check on him. Could you prepare a glass of warm water?" The doctor said before heading up the stairs.

Knock... knock*

Taio Ru nearly jumped in fright when he heard the sound of knocking coming from the bathroom door.

"Who the f*** is it!? There's no way Jun De could be back, and no one else is supposed to come without permission." He thought as he moved farther away from the door.

"Taio Ru, it's doctor Haitung. Marshal Xiongmao gave me permission to come in. He's really worried about you. Could you come out and allow me to give you a check up?"

Listening to the doctor Taio Ru's mood was conflicted. He was happy Jun De was worried about him; angry Jun De called the doctor and invited him in without his permission; and embarrassed that he had just vomited.

The conflicting emotions left Taio Ru in a daze as he sat on the bathroom floor.

"Taio Ru, I understand you feel unwell. As a doctor I can help you with that." The doctor said. Becoming uneasy by Taio Ru's silence.

Taio Ru wanted to say it wasn't a big problem. However before he could, he was hit with another wave of nausea. Unable to endure he once again found himself vomiting despite having nothing left in his stomach.

Hearing Taio Ru vomiting the doctor decided to enter the bathroom. He grabbed a hand towel and wet it with some cold water. Approaching the vomiting Taio Ru, he helped wipe the sweat from his neck and forehead.

When the heaving stopped Taio Ru looked up at the doctor. "Sorry." He mumbled his voice painfully hoarse.

"It's not a problem. I'm a doctor. It's my job to help."

"Taio Ru, drink some water." Lieutenant Wuya said as he walked into the bathroom with a warm glass of water.

"Lieutenant Wuya you're also here?" Taio Ru asked surprised to see him.

"The marshal asked me to come. He's worried about you." Lieutenant Wuya explained.

"Sorry to involve you both in our problems." Taio Ru said ashamed of his recent behaviour.

"Taio Ru, if you're feeling up to it, let's return to the bedroom." The doctor said. His voice gentle and patient.

Taio Ru nodded and stood up.

"Shit!" He thought as everything went dark and he passed out.

...

The Doctor and Lieutenant Wuya moved fast and caught the fainting Taio Ru.

"Doctor what's going on?" Lieutenant Wuya asked in a panic. He hadn't seen Taio Ru like this since he suffered a concussion.

"I suspect it may be more than I just a lack of sleep." He said as they carried Taio Ru out of the bathroom to the bed.

Less than a minute passed before Taio Ru regained consciousness. His face pale despite the embarrassment.

"What happened?" He muttered trying to sit up.