Extra 4: Christmas Special

"What this?" Taio Ru asked.

It was Christmas Day. Apparently even in an alternate futuristic world Christmas was celebrated. But it was a little different. Instead of Christmas it was called Elkmas and instead of a jolly old man traveling around the world giving gifts and saying "HoHoHo!" It was an elk beastman called the Great Elk.

Apparently him and his band of reindeer beastmen spend the year on what the Empire called the 'North Planet'.

The whereabouts did this planet were lost millions of years ago. The only one who could travel to and from the planet was The Great Elk. Once a year it would leave and send gifts to all the children of the universe.

Hearing the details Taio Ru immediately associated it with the popular holiday known as Christmas back on Earth.

Like Christmas it was a day beastmen spent with their families. They exchanged gift and enjoyed a meal together.

Taio Ru didn't have any interests in the holiday himself, but they had children. Since the little snakes were born Jun De and Taio Ru had celebrated Elkmas with them.

Since last year the Di Yi, Di Er, and Ru De no longer believed in the myth about the Great Elk. Despite the mystery being gone they were excited for the holiday.

Di Yi loved Elkmas because of the food. Like in Earth Elkmas meant a big family dinner. The table would be full of delicious food. Just thinking about it made him drool.

Di Er was more excited about the gifts. This year he wanted a hover board. His dad's had told him it was too dangerous but Di Er was convinced they were lying because they wanted to give it to him for Elkmas.

Ru De like Taio Ru wasn't interested in the holiday. But every year Taio Ru would let her help him with a new invention they could use to decorate the island. This year it was a mini weather machine.

Using it a light snow fell over their private island. The best part was that it didn't need to be cold. So none of the plants would die from a temperature drop.

This year was especially special because they had the newest members of the family joining them. The little snakes may have stopped believing in the Great Elk but not them.

Di Er looked at the box in front of his dad. Inside where what looked like clothes.

"Are those matching outfits?" Di Er asked on behalf of his silent dad.

"They are. Captain Wuya and Lieutenant Laohu sent over their Elkmas cards. I was thinking we could do the same." Jun De said.

"Show me the card." Taio Ru demanded.

Jun De obediently sent over the virtual card. On it Taio Ru and the kids could see Wuya and Laohu posing with a little white tiger on their lap and a small black bird perched on Laohu's head. The four of them wore matching elk horns and green outfits.

"They are wearing matching outfits." Taio Ru pointed out.

"They are." Jun De acknowledged.

"You also want us to wear matching outfits?" Taio Ru said.

"It's cute." Jun De said.

"Taio Ru took out one of the outfits. It was red. It wasn't what Taio Ru would call fashionable. But when he looked at Jun De's pleading eyes he couldn't refuse.

"Di Er, Di Yi help your baby brother and sisters get dressed. Ru De but the book down. This should only take a minute." Taio Ru said.

"Wait dad you aren't seriously thinking about wearing those? You who cares about clothes more than anyone!" Di Er said without reserve.

"Consider it a gift to your father. Now hurry up and go change. We'll meet back here in ten minutes to take the picture."

Everyone was in shock. The only one who wasn't was their father Jun De. He only smiled and quietly followed Taio Ru up to their room with their outfits.

"Jun De, you owe me." Taio Ru whispered as they walked up the stairs.

"Whatever you want, I promise to do it without question my love." Was Jun De's answer.

...

"It's the end!!! Honey it's the end of the world!!!" Laohu screamed. Wuya ran over the moment he heard him scream.

"What's wrong? Are we under attack?" He asked. In his arms he held the fat little tiger. Behind him the little black bird tried its best to fly over.

"Look! It must be the end of the world! Otherwise how could the Marshal convince Taio Ru to wear matching outfits?" He said.

...

The Elkmas card wasn't anything extravagant. It had Jun De and Wuya standing at the back. In front were the three snakes in their human forms each one held their newest panda siblings. They were dressed in all red outfits with white antlers on their heads.

The virtual Elkmas card wasn't only sent Laohu but also to the Emperor.

"Wow, he actually convinced Taio Ru to wear it. Not just him but Ru De as well. It's an Elkmas miracle." The emperor said with a hearty laugh.

...