Chapter 73: Warning

WiiiOooo!* 🚨

The alarms signalling the enemy's approach started blaring throughout the ship.

"Everyone get into position!" Commander Ma called out.

The plan was in full motion. The ships under Jun De's command were in place and all information pertaining to the traitor had reached the emperor.

"Give me numbers? How many have graced us with their presence?" commander Ma asked as he and Jun De took their positions.

"500 and counting, Sir!" An officer called out.

"That's definitely more than 300. Marshal, it's going to be tough. We only have 500, most belong to Marshal Hujing and are worn out from being on the battlefield for months." Commander Ma remarked his expression dark.

"We predicted this. Our role is to keep them occupied until reinforcements arrive." Jun De said still calm despite the growing number of enemies appearing on their radar.

"Understood. Everyone buckle in, it's going to be a long day!" Commander Ma exclaimed.

...

The battle raged on, the 500 enemies eventually grew to 1000. Jun De and Marshal HuJing were only 500 strong but managed to keep their position.

"Marshal we've lost the Enterprise and Voyageur."

"Alpha team on route to support."

"Beta team has been blocked requesting assistance."

"Rerouting the Andromeda!"

Jun De watched as his men fought hard. His focus on the enemies Warship in the distance. "Commander that Warship belongs to the Galaxy Raiders' leader?" Jun De stated.

"Yes. Our sources say Captain BeijiXiong is commanding the ship personally." Commander Ma reported.

The Galaxy Raiders were one of five pirate crews leading the attack against the Empire. Captain BeijiXiong was known as a fierce and ruthless man who tore through the battlefield with a vengeance.

Jun De watched the ship carefully. "If that man joins the fight, I'll handle him." Jun De stated. He had faith in his men. Even so, he had fought Captain BeijiXiong once before.

Captain BeijiXiong was strong. Jun De's men wouldn't lose, but the win would come at a cost they couldn't afford. To reduce the casualties their best choice was for Jun De himself to go out.

Commander Ma wanted to refute. But he couldn't. He knew better than anyone how strong Captain BeijiXiong and the Galaxy Raiders main force were. He was also present when Jun De faced off against him previously. The battle ended only because Lieutenant Laohu landed a lucky strike and blew up the man's main weapon.

"Understood. You heard the Marshal, if a pure white mecha comes out of that ship inform us immediately!" Commander Ma ordered.

...

"What's the status of our men positioned at the supply line?" Jun De asked an officer.

"Reporting; enemy forces estimate at 1,500. Visual confirmation of the Black Trojan and White Whale pirate ships on sight leading the offensive. Awaiting command to engage the enemy." He responded.

"Another two of the five leading forces in this war have appeared. It would seem they have decided to make this fight the deciding battle in this war." Commander Ma pointed out.

"Have our men engage. Inform Captain Maque that I want the Captains of the black Trojan and White Whale Pirates captured alive." Jun De commanded.

"Planning on questioning them about the traitor?" Commander Ma asked.