Chapter 91: The Cutest Couple

Everyone worked quickly. By evening everything was prepared and ready to be released to the public.

The Emperor personally reported the time for the press conference on his account. It would be arranged just outside Jun De's private island, so he could remain close to Taio Ru in the event something happened.

An hour before the press conference everyone was in Jun De's office discussing the specifics. Taio Ru insisted on attending the meeting. Along with Head of Police, Officer Gou, the Emperor and his Head of Public Relations, the manager of the Star network, and Lieutenants Wuya and Laohu.

With everyone gathered they prepared for the press conference.

"First, I suggest the Head of Police deliver the verdict regarding Taio Ru's case. Once he has, we can reveal the investigations results and reveal Tiané Anna's true intentions. Finally, we will finish the conference with the Marshal's statement." Head of Public Relations Kongque said.

With everyone's agreement they continued discussing the details until it was time to leave.

"Jun De, are you sure I shouldn't come? Doesn't it seem insincere if the person involved, me, doesn't show?" Taio Ru asked feeling uneasy.

"Love, beastmen are very protective of their spouses. When one is pregnant it is almost unheard of to see them outside of the house. No one will think you remaining at home is odd. Rather they would have doubts if you did come." Jun De tried explaining.

"If that's the case, why were you willing to take me out on the double date in the first place?" Taio Ru asked perplexed by the contradiction.

"You seemed excited. We also hadn't gone on many dates." Jun De said regretting his past choices.

"I see. I'll stay here and wait for you to come back. Be safe."

"You, too. I love you." Jun De said before giving him a goodbye kiss and walking out to board the ship with the others.

Taio Ru then went inside and connected his bracelet to the live broadcast. He couldn't go, but he had every intention to watch.

...

The Broadcast began with a short introduction by the Emperor. Standing behind him were Jun De and Head of the Police Officer Gou.

"Citizens of the Empire, I stand here today to address an incident that occurred last night at Little Garden Restaurant involving Marshal Xiongmao Jun De and his spouse Shé Taio Ru, Head of the once thought as extinct noble Shé clan." The Emperor then paused to allow everyone watching to ruminate on the fact Taio Ru was indeed from the Shé clan.

"We take all law violations and criminal activity seriously. No citizen whether they be a child or myself the Emperor is excused from due punishment. To discuss the case Head of Capital Star's Police Officer Gou is here to speak." The Emperor than stood aside and gave the podium to Officer Gou.

"Thank you Emperor Daxiang." Officer Gou said before addressing the reporters.

"Good evening everyone. I am the current head of Police here on our beautiful Capital Star. Our department has been investigating the incident of Miss Tiané Anna's claim that Shé Taio Ru had transformed and viciously attacked her.
If proven true, Shé Taio Ru would have broken our Empire's 5th Cardinal Law. This law states that citizens of the Empire are forbidden from using their beast forms to engage in battle. With a sub clause stating any who hold a predatory beast form be judged as attempting murder."

Officer Gou first started off by explaining the the charges against Taio Ru. He then continued to explain the sub clauses.

"As you know many of our laws include exceptions for those who are pregnant. Pregnant beastmen cannot be judge as violating many laws concerning violent behaviour without proof of premeditation. Their instinctual need to protect their young and hormonal changes can result in aggressive and volatile behaviour."