Chapter 94: Ovoviviparous

"Something must be wrong. Taio Ru has slept all day and he had three plates full of food." Jun De said the moment the call connected.

"I've been reviewing the results from his exam this afternoon. It's possible Taio Ru is entering a new phase in the pregnancy." The doctor said with some uncertainty. After all, every pregnancy is different and the changes were still subtle.

"By a new phase, do you mean Taio Ru might give birth soon?" Jun De asked in a slight panic.

"Perhaps. It's difficult to tell. I cannot see anything inside the egg. This makes dating the baby's development a challenge." The doctor said vaguely.

"You can't be certain, nor can you deny the possibility." Jun De restated what the doctor had said.

"I'm sorry Marshal. There is nothing I can say with certainty. We simply need to monitor Taio Ru's state and prepare for any possible changes." The doctor restated cautiously. He knew Jun De trusted him, but as a doctor he hated not having the answers.

"Understood. Be prepared to return to the house if needed." Jun De said. He also planned to have Lieutenant Wuya and Officer Laohu send his work to the house starting in the morning.

...

Bang!*

Around 3 a.m. Jun De awoke when Taio Ru punched him hard in the gut.

"Ugh... Love?!" Jun De groaned.

"Something is wrong!" Taio Ru exclaimed in a panic.

"Wrong? Is it the baby? Are you in pain? I... I will contact the doctor!" Jun De said. His panic a far different reaction from the usual calm marshal his subordinates all knew.

"It doesn't hurt... it's soft and I think it's moving." Taio Ru corrected. He was so used to the rock hard egg the moment it changed he knew something was wrong."

"Soft... moving? Are you about to give birth?!" Jun De exclaimed in even more of a panicked states as he gently held Taio Ru in his arms.

"I don't think I am. The doctor and the books all described what labour would feel like. This doesn't feel like what was described." Taio Ru said in a strangely calm manner.

"Then what?" Jun De asked perplexed by the information.

"I don't know. Hurry and call the doctor. Also carry me down to the medical bay. Gently. Don't touch my belly." Taio Ru said wary of his now soft belly.

Jun De nodded and quickly called the doctor.

"Doctor Haitung, something has happened. Get over here immediately!" Jun De shouted before hanging up again and refocusing his attention on Taio Ru.

"Love, I'm going to pick you up now. If it hurts or if anything feels off tell me." He whispered for some unknown reason.

Taio Ru looked at his frazzled husband and couldn't help but laugh aloud. The sudden loud sound nearly knocked Jun De over on his ass in shock.

"Love, why... why are you laughing? Is it a nervous laugh? Don't be nervous... or scared. I'm right here." Jun De said with conviction. Yet, his shaking palms showed how nervous he was.

"Jun De, I love you." Taio Ru exclaimed.

"I love yo..."

Poof!*

Before Jun de could finish his words Taio Ru suddenly transformed. Now neither could remain calm as Taio Ru fluttered mid air and Jun De lunged forward to catch him.

"F*** I'm going to explode!" Taio Ru thought as he thought about the watermelon size egg inside and his thin 29cm long body.

Jun De, who could see Taio Ru had another thought. "The egg is gone?!" As he caught his delicate Taio Ru in the palm of his hands.