Chapter 89: Ally

Lieutenant Wuya found the hospital room Tiané Anna was staying in. Walking in he saw her laying in bed looking pitiful.

"Who is it?" She asked her voice softly trembling.

"Tiané Anna? I'm Lieutenant Wuya. I'm here to investigate the situation from the restaurant today." Lieutenant Wuya said with a flat tone.

"Sniff* I'm sorry. My nerves are far too unsettled to discuss what happened. Please come back another day." She said as she began crying. Her elegant tears glistening in the light as they flowed down her cheeks. She raised her right hand to wipe the tears away.

"Ouch!" She cried out in pain.

Her exaggerated acting left Lieutenant Wuya feeling sick to his stomach. "What's her goal? Does she think I'm going to pity her and go against the Marshal."

"Have you posted any information regarding the incident online?" Lieutenant Wuya asked.

"Post it online? How could I? I've been... sniff* laying in the hospital. The doctors say even with the anti-venom there may be lasting affects." She sad pitifully.

"Have you spoken to anyone regarding the incident?" He asked ignoring her theatrics.

"Only the doctors. They needed as much information as possible to treat the bite. Sniff* They said they couldn't be certain if the anti-venom would work." She cried.

"Have you spoken with the police?"

"Are you threatening me? I promise not to press charges. I'm sorry. Don't be angry. I've only told the doctors to save my own life." She said as a nurse walked into the room.

Shocked the nurse believed Anna's words. "Sir! Please leave. Security!" The nurse shouted in disgust.

"No, it's my fault. I should know better than to speak poorly about Taio Ru, the Marshal's husband. Ouch*!" She said pitifully not forgetting to show off her painful injury.

Lieutenant Wuya glared at the woman. "How dare she!" He wanted to reveal her manipulative and exaggerated act. However his pride wouldn't allow him to stoop so low.

Suddenly a security guard showed up to escort him away. Not intending to fight, Lieutenant Wuya left without a word.

After sending the Marshal a message detailing his conversation with Tiané Anna. Lieutenant Wuya proceeded to return to the waiting room to pick up Lieutenant Laohu.

...

The next day, Jun De made arrangements to meet with Lieutenant Wuya to discuss the incident.

Beep!... Beep!

Receiving a notification Jun De answered it thinking it would be the Lieutenant.

"Marshal Xiongmao, we need to speak." Emperor Daxiang said from the other end of the call.

"Emperor Daxiang, had you requested it I would have gone to the palace." Jun De said. He was surprised to find the Emperor asking for landing permission.

It would be best if you didn't go out for the time being. Now let me in. We have a lot to discuss."

Jun De quickly gave permission and prepared to welcome the Emperor.

"Jun De?" Taio Ru muttered from bed. He had woken up earlier, but still felt exhausted. His nightmares had woken him up several times throughout the night.

"Love, lay down and get some sleep. I need to go downstairs and discuss things with Lieutenant Wuya and the Emperor." Jun De explained.

"Emperor? Is he also coming? How can I sleep if he's here." Taio Ru said as he quickly got out of bed.