Chaoter 71: 2 Years?!

The next week passed by quickly. Every night Taio Ru spoke with Jun De and they would discuss the possibility of keeping or terminating the pregnancy.

With the help of the doctor, Taio Ru was getting the hang of his symptoms.

"Love, how are you feeling today?" Jun De asked.

"Better. I'm still running to the bathroom a few times throughout the day without warning because if the nausea. Even so, it's not as bad now.

"Did you tell the doctor? Maybe he can help?" Jun De suggested.

"He's already helping. The rest is just a part of being pregnant. Rather than me, I'm worried about you. Jun De, you look exhausted." Taio Ru asked.

Jun De never failed to call him every night. However sometimes the calls were cut short because of a call or the alarm sounding. It left Taio Ru feeling worried and more than a little afraid.

"Love, it's fine. We have just been having a lot of encounters with the enemy. Everything is going according to plan. In fact, it might even be better. At the rate things are going we may be able to finish sooner than expected." Jun De explained with enthusiasm.

Jun De wasn't lying. He really meant what he said. But what he didn't say was that the reason they were ahead of schedule.

He had been actively looking for the enemy and engaging in somewhat reckless maneuvers. Not reckless enough to put the mission or the crew at risk. But reckless in regards to his own health.

He had the crew working on a 4 team rotation. This meant that the members of his crew had enough time to rest before it was their turn to engage in battle. The only problem with this strategy was that he himself didn't have the time to rest.

His only other commanding officer on the ship was Commander Ma. Between the two of them they each managed to get some rest, but he would take the heavier work load. Working three out of the four rotations. This allowed Commander Ma to rest properly but left him holding the short end of the stick.

Commander Ma and the rest of the crew obviously were not on board with his strategy. However he is the marshal, and they could do nothing to stop him. The only thing the Commander could do was try to take care of the paperwork while on duty. Leaving Jun De only to handle immediate work and none of the extras.

"Jun De, I don't want you to rush things because of me.  Rushing things can often lead to accidents or problems that wouldn't have happened if you had just taken things slower." Taio Ru warned.

He couldn't help but feel guilty. If he wasn't pregnant maybe Jun De wouldn't be putting himself at risk trying to come home quicker.

"Love, I have everything under control. Don't worry. I'm definitely going to come back to you in one piece." Jun De assured him.

Despite his confident words the black eyes and pale complexion said otherwise. Leaving Taio Ru with mixed feelings.

"Enough talk about work. Love, have you made a decision yet?" Jun De asked.

"I have, but there's still a small part of me that still feels uneasy. What if we're making a big mistake? It's not something that can be reversed later." Taio Ru said still struggling.

"Love, it doesn't matter. Whichever decision you make, we will make it work. You are not alone." Jun De said as he lovingly looked at Taio Ru.

There was a long pause with neither saying a word. Taio Ru was visibly shaking and uneasy.

Jun De looked at him, his only wish was to be able to hold him tight in his arms. "I hate not being able to touch him." He thought as he waited for Taio Ru to speak.