Chapter 90: Revelation

Beep!... Beep!...

Jun De looked down at the notification. It was Lieutenant Wuya saying he had arrived.

"Emperor Daxiang, my lieutenants have arrived to discuss the investigations progress concerning last night's incident. Would you be willing to attend the meeting?" Jun De asked.

"You are investigating the incident? Were you not present when it occurred?" The emperor asked surprised Jun De had used the word investigate.

"Yes, Taio Ru biting her is undisputed, but the woman's intention when dating my lieutenant and approaching Taio Ru is questionable. We also suspect she has been posting malicious slander about Taio Ru online." Jun De summarized.

"What? She's been posting negative things about me online?" Taio Ru exclaimed when he stepped out of the change room. "No wander I felt something off about her." Taio Ru mused.

"It's a small issue. Her posts are all lies. Easily settled. Lieutenant Wuya is gathering the evidence now to expose her and put an end to the slander." Jun De quickly said for fear the news would cause Taio Ru more stress.

"How's Lieutenant Laohu doing? I know I didn't like the woman, but he seemed to genuinely be happy." Taio Ru asked.

"I don't know. He and Lieutenant Wuya will arrive soon." Jun De said.

"Marshal Xiongmao, have you forgotten the doctor's orders? Shé Taio Ru must rest and avoid stress." The Emperor declared with a disapproving tone.

Reminded by the Emperor, Jun De decided to escort Taio Ru back to bed first. "I'll ask him and we can discuss it later after you've gotten some rest." Jun De said.

"Is he trying to exclude me?" Taio Ru thought a little pissed. However he couldn't deny feeling exhausted nor could he complain in front of the emperor.

Taio Ru went upstairs to rest while the Emperor stayed behind to speak with the doctor.

"You will send me updates regarding Shé Taio Ru's pregnancy." He ordered.

"Understood." The doctor could only agree. He was loyal the Jun De, but this was the Emperor speaking. He couldn't refuse, but he would inform Jun De later.

Taio Ru changed back into his pyjamas and lay down in bed. "Jun De, why is the Emperor concerned with our pregnancy?" Taio Ru asked curiously.

"He called it "our pregnancy". How cute" Jun De thought.

"I believe it's because he is anticipating the revival of the Shé clan." Jun De said.

"Why?" Taio Ru still didn't quite understand.

"Remember how I explained our legal system previously. The one involving the seven clans and thirteen votes? I believe like the Empress he is considering the implications now that the Shé clan will be included again."

"But aren't I the current head of the clan? Why is he more interested in the baby?"

"I believe he didn't have hope that either of us would want to have a baby. He might have even been contemplating ways to convince us to use the artificial wombs to conceive." Jun De predicted.

"I suppose neither of us seem fatherly. It also wouldn't be wrong to assume we wouldn't actively try to have children." Taio Ru admitted. Even now he felt unsure about becoming a parent.

"The Emperor is most likely happy with the unexpected turn of events. It's also reasonable to assume he is afraid of the possibility we might tragically lose the child. If we did any option to retry would be improbable because of the tragedy."