Chapter 115: Results (part 2)

Soon the results of the scan returned. The Stargazer did in fact have traces of Zerg plant life onboard although faint.

"Marshal, it would seem your husband Taio Ru was right." Commander Ma stated with no I'll intent. He was genuinely impressed by Taio Ru's ability to identify the cause of the malfunction.

"We need to evacuate the Stargazer and conduct a more thorough investigation of the Zerg traces." Another Commander added.

"How was the ship infected by the Zerg plant life? The Stargazer was never near the Zerg ships." Captain of the Destiny asked.

"He wasn't near the Zerg ships, but they did come in contact with the civilian ships that had made a trade with the Zergs."

"The cargo ship was destroyed before we could take it."

"When it was destroyed debris caused some damage to the Stargazer. If the cargo ship was carrying Zerg plant life it's possible the Stargazer was "infected" at that time. We also need to check Destiny. It was within the blast radius." Captain Long said.

"Infected with what?"

"We need a more thorough inspection of the Stargazer."

...

"We will evacuate none essential personnel from the Stargazer as soon as possible. Once clear, we will conduct a more thorough inspection of the areas Taio Ru has noted on the blueprints. These inspections will be done in full protective gear. If at anytime the sensors show loss of life force have them to pull back." Jun De ordered after considering the options.

"With the delay and added stress on the other ships due to the increase in occupants our timeline has been shortened. How soon until we rendezvous with our allies?"

"Three days, four if we remain in place to save resources."

"Can we place the prisoners on the Stargazer to reduce the load? Arrange them to be imprisoned in areas unaffected by the Zerg plant life."

"We wouldn't be able to imprison them without guards. We can't risk the lives of our men for such reasons."

"Then what do you suggest? If we completely evacuate the ship we put everyone at risk. As long as we are careful and find safe areas on the ship their shouldn't be any risks to the people left onboard. We just need to lessen the burden on the others long enough for the relief ships to arrive."

"We have to consider what will happen if the enemy finds us while we wait."

"Marshal, is it possible to get help from anyone closer?"

"Marshal Shizi has some ships stationed on a planet 2 days away. We could request their help."

Jun De knew about Marshal Shizi's troupes located a mere 2 days away. Even so he was reluctant to contact him due to his connection with the Empress. Unfortunately the results didn't give him much choice.

"Contact Marshal Shizi and request three ships for transport. While we wait I want mecha teams inspecting the surrounding area. As for the Stargazer, it will be evacuated fully. The Destiny will also be inspected for possible "infection". Jun De finally decided after considering the pros and cons.

"I hope that idiot Marshal Shizi is smart enough not to help that damn Empress." He mused as he sat back and listened to his men discuss the finer details.

...

"Okay listen up, you can play here in the garden, but there are rules:
One, stay where I can see you. Two, don't go in the water. I know you three like taking baths and are good swimmers, but the water is too cold. If you want to go swimming, I can arrange something later. Three, and this is directed at you little Di Er. Don't climb the bamboo or try jumping from high places. The garden doesn't have a soft cot for you to land on like in the crib. It's too dangerous." Taio Ru said.