Chapter 8

Feeling the movement by his feet, Bo Yueming's voice gradually came to a stop, and he automatically lowered his eyes, but there was still nothingness in his field of vision.

"Meow-wu~"

The cat's fleshy paws brushed his ankle, and the soft touch reminded Bo Yueming of Pei Yi when he was applying medicine.

It had been a whole afternoon. Why hadn't Uncle Kai brought that person back yet?

Bo Yueming's thoughts took a small turn. He stared fixedly and didn't speak.

To the side, assistant Lin Zhong noticed his boss's silence and hurriedly said, "Mr. Bo, a little black cat jumped out of nowhere under your feet, shall I ask a servant to take it away?"

As soon as these words fell, there was a burst of hurried footsteps.

Pei Yi, who was drawn in by the cat, ignored Uncle Kai's dissuasion behind him and bent down to pick up the little milk cat by the scruff of its neck.

"Aiyo, Little Sir......" Uncle Kai was afraid that the little wild cat would resist, and hastened forward. "Put it down quickly, what if this wild cat with sharp claws scratches you?"

As soon as Uncle Kai spoke his anxious words, the little black cat in Pei Yi's grasp hugged his arm and rubbed against his clothes without any fear, and its milky cry was even cuter.

Its whole body was black, with only a dot of white hair at the nape of its neck.

Pei Yi clutched the cat tightly with an obvious smile in his eyes. "Uncle Kai, it's good."

"It seems very friendly, and looks like it's only two or three months old." Uncle Kai also followed along and glanced at Bo Yueming, who was still sitting in his seat. "It is black, and its two eyes are yellow and blue, separate colors."

The Bo family manor covered a large area. In the past two years, Old Mrs. Bo, who was still in charge of the household, had some free-range cats raised to keep out mice. The little black cat before them was likely a mixed cat from that batch.

Pei Yi praised in a low voice, "It looks good."

The little black cat seemed to understand, and responded, "Meow-wu~"

When Bo Yueming heard this inexplicably harmonious "call and response," his expression relaxed slightly. "All right, put this kitten on the ground and let it leave by itself later."

Pei Yi looked at the cat in his arms and felt a bit reluctant at first glance.

The assistant caught this clue and asked tentatively, "Little Sir, you like this cat and want to raise it?"

That was just what Pei Yi wanted, so he simply nodded.

If he remembered correctly, there was a short background introduction in the original book-

Bo Yueming met a little black cat with different colored eyes after he lost his sight. The little fellow crouched around every day and clung to him, and from being ignorant at the beginning to feeding it regularly, Bo Yueming harmoniously got along with it.

But one day, the black cat's neck was viciously twisted by a malicious person. The innocent thing died and was thrown against the door of of this villa, like a blatant demonstration.

After learning about this, Bo Yueming was somber for a long time, and his personality became increasingly distorted and violent. This was one of the things that indirectly led to his blackening.

The Bo family manor was large, and free range for cats was even more unrestrained, but how could a small animal withstand the schemes of vicious people? It was better to keep it by your side, where it would be safer.