Chapter 63

The dome light cast a dim yellow glow, covering the entire inside of the car in a hazy gloom.

Pei Yi, who was wrapped up in a blanket, was quietly leaning back in the seat. There was still a red tint that didn't fade away with time, and he looked well-behaved and pitiful.

Because of gripping the utility knife too hard, Pei Yi's ring and middle fingers both had slanted cuts. After the previous blind rinsing, the edges of the wounds were white.

Bo Yueming was upset and anxious, but couldn't bear to say one harsh word. "Your wounds need to be debrided before they can be medicated and bandaged. Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?"

Pei Yi shook his head and attempted to withdraw his hand. "I said there's no need."

It was caused by his loss of control. The wounds looked a little deep, but didn't hurt too badly. Going to the hospital in the middle of the night would bother others and cause trouble for himself.

Bo Yueming squeezed his wrist tightly. "Don't move."

He looked at the medicine bought by driver Lao Fu, and had no choice but to help with it first. "Then I'll help you deal with it before going home."

The bleeding from the wounds had not yet stopped, so there was no time to delay.

He could see that Pei Yi's emotions were still on edge, and he was reluctant to force him, so he would have to find another private doctor tomorrow to check on the injury.

Pei Yi nodded slightly, the remaining panic fighting against his reasoning.

Bo Yueming carefully wiped the half-dried bloodstains on him with a medicated cotton swab, and only made a few movements-

"Hiss!" Pei Yi suddenly withdrew his hand in pain, and there was a trace of grievance in the pained sound that came from his mouth.

Bo Yueming's breathing grew tight. "Hold on, I'll try to be as light as possible."

Pei Yi suppressed his pain in time, and pretended to be calm. "It's fine, it's not very painful."

"......"

The more Pei Yi insisted on putting on a brave face, the more Bo Yueming dared not breathe.

While handling the cotton swabs, he didn't forget to rub and pat Pei Yi's wrist, so as to distract him and reduce the pain of applying medicine.

Time stretched along minute by minute.

After just a few minutes of treating the wounds, Bo Yueming's back was covered in a thin layer of sweat. He just felt that in the past, commercial projects costing hundreds of millions were not as frightening as giving medicine to the kitten.

"It's done."

"En."

Pei Yi's forehead was also covered in sweat. "Er-ge, I'm fine, don't worry."

Bo Yueming heard him trying to be brave, and handed over a thermos of water. "Thirsty? Try some."

The warm water in this thermos was prepared by Lou Yang.

Pei Yi obediently drank a few sips of warm water. The warmth of the water slowly lingered in his stomach, and his pain-torn spirit finally revived a little bit.

"I, I must have caused trouble for Sister Yang and Li Yuan just now."

It was obviously kind of her to give him a gift, and also a kindness to hand him a utility knife. Pei Yi had originally wanted to hold it, but really couldn't-

Bo Yueming took the small gift from the back seat of the car, comforting him, "Look, Director Lou sent it with us."

The incident had happened suddenly, and after Bo Yueming clearly confirmed that Pei Yi's mood had eased, he took him to the car to rest temporarily.