Extra 2

The car stopped outside the Imperial Capital's top private racecourse, and a coach immediately came up to greet them, tapping twice on the window.

Wearing an equestrian uniform, Pei Yi opened the door in a well-behaved manner and said, "Good morning, coach Gao."

Coach Gao welcomed him with a smile, and then exchanged friendly glances with Zong Baiyan and Xu Rong in the front row.

Zong Baiyan looked at his child and said, "Xiao Yi, you have lunch with Coach Gao and the others at noon. Father Yan won't train with you today because he has something to do, but we'll pick you up on time at three o'clock in the afternoon."

He had been told this countless times on the way here.

Pei Yi nodded. "I know."

Xu Rong had always doted on Pei Yi, and simply got out of the car.

He slung a cute cartoon canteen across his body and held his child's little face. "Xiao Yi, you must finish the warm water in the canteen. Father Rong will check it when you get home.

Pei Yi said "Oh" obediently.

Xu Rong added, "When we get home in the evening, Father Rong will make you a small cake to eat. Okay?"

When Pei Yi heard the dessert he liked, he immediately smiled and said, "En!"

Xu Rong touched his head, his gentle tone unchanging. "Good boy, go ahead. Don't keep Coach Gao and the others waiting. You're already more than ten minutes late today."

When Pei Yi heard that last sentence, he blushed with inexplicable shyness.

He glanced at Zong Baiyan in the car covertly, then said in a cute tone, "It's all Father Yan's fault."

"......."

Betrayed by his own child, Zong Baiyan thought he heard something wrong and asked in surprise, "Who are you talking about?"

Pei Yi didn't answer. He grabbed his small canteen and ran so fast that even Coach Gao was left behind, and could only hurry to catch up.

When Zong Baiyan saw Pei Yi's lively running back, he was both angry and amused. "Is this brat getting more and more bold?"

Xu Rong replied, "Is it bad to be bold and lively? Think about when he was just adopted and came home with us?"

Pei Yi, who had grown up in an orphanage, had been short and thin since he was a young child. He had an introverted personality and didn't like to talk.

They had originally wanted Pei Yi to change his surname, but the other party was stubborn and refused. After asking about it, they found out that the name was given to him by the former dean.

In Zong Baiyan and Xu Rong's view, a child's identity was not determined by blood or surname, so they didn't force Pei Yi to change his surname.

The couple doted on Pei Yi for nearly three years until his physical state was up to standard, and his temperament became cheerful and lively.

Xu Rong watched Pei Yi disappear around the corner, and then looked at his lover. "You used to practice riding with him. Why do you need to accompany me today?"

Zong Baiyan took his hand and kissed it, a hint of darkness in his eyes as he lowered them. "I just want to be with you."

Having lost him and regained him, he cherished him more and didn't want to take even half a step away from him.

Xu Rong added, "I have to supervise several students' graduation projects today. It might be boring for you to hang around me."

"Professor Xu is the most charming when he is working hard. I'll never be bored," Zong Baiyan responded with a smile.