Chapter 87

Early the next morning.

As soon as Pei Yi entered the studio, Li Yuan, who was waiting in the lobby, greeted him, "Pei Yi! You really predicted it correctly!"

Li Yuan handed the tablet in his hand to his friend and indicated, "Look, Xunya Technology's official Weibo posted a new announcement at 8 o'clock in the morning, saying that Nanchan Games is not a subsidiary of their headquarters. Two and a half years ago-"

"That is, before large-scale plagiarism occurred, the relationship between them changed to a partnership."

At present, Xunya Technology unilaterally announced the termination of its partnership with Nanchan Games, and apologized to the netizens who felt hurt by online public opinion.

From now on, company headquarters would conduct stricter inspections of its partners in order to keep similar incidents from happening again. Everyone's supervision, criticism, and corrections were welcome.

Pei Yi clearly read the black and white statement with the official seal, and a glimmer of understanding flashed in his eyes. "A major company is indeed a major company. It is necessary to be clean and tidy, and they use this superficial skill well."

Last night went from Mufeng Games' stern questioning, to Chanming Studios' statement, to the revelations about Nanchan Games' series of plagiarism incidents.

Not only had it become big news in the gaming circle, but it had also made the two parties the target of attention and abuse from ordinary netizens.

Although the officials of the original game design competition had been hiding and pretending to be dead, there was no end to the ability of the vast number of netizens who could pick up and expose information. More and more evidence pointed to their shady behavior of using backdoors.

From Ke Ming and Changming Studios to You Chang and Nanchan Games, they became like street rats almost overnight.

There were waves of hot searches related to entertainment on Weibo, and the two topics about Chanming Studios' backdoor and Xunya Technology were right there on the list of Weibo's hot searches.

"There's a lot more heat than I had imagined." Li Yuan gave a low sigh, and then asked speculatively, "There must be someone behind this, right? Weiyi?"

Pei Yi raised his eyebrows slightly, which was enough of an answer.

The statement issued this morning was the result of a secret game between two sides regarding capital.

Whether it was Chanming Studios' manipulation of the award results, or the shameless plagiarism of Nanchan Games in the name of profit, they had undoubtedly stepped on the moral bottom line of public conscience.

Fueled by public opinion, people's anger grew stronger and stronger.

For Xunya Technology, Chanming Studios' "Destroy the Alien Beasts" was just a small subsidiary mobile game. The initial investment could not be counted as their own, and the profits in the later stage had not yet been achieved-

Although the backdoor investment in the competition was a bit of a loss, as a major game company, they could still afford it.

This time, Xunya Technology was forced to be at a disadvantage. If they didn't cut off the relationship as soon as possible, the anger of the netizens would burn them.

"Don't worry, the above and below-board fight between Xunay Technologies and Weiyi isn't just a matter of a day or two. Although I'm the one who organized this counterattack, from Xunya Technology's perspective, they probably consider our studio to be a move by Weiyi."