Chapter 71

Pei Yi was woken up by a long-lost hangover headache. He tugged at the quilt and flipped back and forth, but couldn't get rid of the pain in his head.

"Ugghh."

Pei Yi let out a noise of discomfort, and subconsciously called out for the person he relied on the most, "Er-ge."

Footsteps sounded from the small living room outside, accompanied by the gentlest response, "I'm here."

Following at Bo Yueming's feet, Inspector jumped onto the bed first.

It walked along the edge of the bed to Pei Yi's shoulder, looking around and sniffing. "Meow-wu~"

Pei Yi struggled against the headache to open his eyes, shifting his gaze from the pet in front of him to Bo Yueming beside the bed.

The other party was wearing a very formal three-piece suit, and looked like he had risen early to get ready.

"Huh?"

Pei Yi stared at Bo Yueming in bewilderment, uttering a low question.

Bo Yueming put the warm water and pills he had prepared on the bedside table, and bent over to check his condition. "Another headache, right? Seeing you drunk like that last night, I guessed you wouldn't feel well this morning."

Last night, Bo Yueming had carried the drunken Pei Yi from the car to the master bedroom and washed the two of them up.

Likely because he was at the side of his closest and most trusted person, Pei Yi's last sense of reason was overwhelmed by his drunkenness after the hot bath, and he boldly fulfilled his wild words of "I'll eat you."

Pei Yi embraced Bo Yueming, kissing and gnawing, and after teasing his lover, he, the "culprit," fell asleep drunk like a rascal.

Pei Yi lightly tugged Bo Yueming's hand. "Er-ge."

"En?"

Bo Yueming broke free from his helpless memories of the night before.

Seeing that his lover's face was presently screwed up with discomfort, he coaxed, "Drink some warm water and take the hangover medicine before you sleep again?"

Pei Yi accepted his fate in a well-behaved manner and struggled to get up.

He gulped down the hangover medicine that Bo Yueming had thoughtfully prepared, and drank more than half a glass of warm water to moisten his dry mouth before heaving a sigh of relief.

"Thankfully today is Saturday, so I don't have to go to the studio."

The game was being watched over by the technical department in shifts, so if there was any problem, he and Li Yuan would be alerted in a timely manner.

Bo Yueming asked, "Are you hungry?"

Pei Yi shook his head. "I don't feel good. No appetite."

Bo Yueming looked at the time and coaxed, "It's just after eight o'clock, why don't you sleep a little longer? I also cooked you hangover soup, go eat some downstairs after you've had enough sleep."

Pei Yi unceremoniously fell back, his reasoning still paralyzed by the headache. "Er-ge, why did you get up so early? Where are you going?"

Bo Yueming replied, "You don't remember? The Bo Group shareholder meeting is scheduled for today."

The weather was cold.

Although the heating in the master bedroom was adequate, he still pulled up the quilt for his family's kitten. "It's scheduled for two o'clock in the afternoon, but I have to go to Grandma's place first to arrange some things."