Chapter 69

Qin Yishun immediately understood what Pei Yi wanted to express, and his long, narrow eyes sharpened.

"Pei Huan! Let me ask you, when Pei Yi was ten and fell into the swimming pool, was it accidental or not?"

The question was simple and straightforward, with the answer almost pinned down.

Bo Yueming frowned slightly. His focused gaze fell on his lover's face as he quietly waited for the situation to develop.

When the Pei couple and An Yang heard this sudden question, their faces showed disbelief-

Looking at the entire wealthy circle of the Imperial Capital, there was no one who didn't know that the young master of the Pei family, Pei Yi, accidentally drowned at the age of ten, and after being rescued, he became a fool and a public laughing-stock.

No one had ever suspected that it was not an accident, but man-made!

Pei Ruzhang didn't expect that this old incident would come up today. He was already in a state of confusion, and immediately said, "Yishun, that is enough!"

"You're the big brother, and instead of trying to be good, you're always provoking conflicts!"

First, he suspected that Pei Huan had hurt the old man and blamed Li Yuan, and then he suspected that Pei Yi's drowning was caused by Pei Huan? How old were they then? How could it be possible?

Pei Ruzhang glanced at Bo Yueming, who had nothing to say, and spoke a little more politely, "Xiao Yi's mind is limited, just listen to this nonsense, how can it be taken seriously?"

Qin Yishun entered "brother protection mode" again and retorted coldly, "It is because you've always treated Xiao Yi as a fool that even if he tells the truth, you will treat it as a lie."

"Pei Huan!"

Qin Yishun ignored Pei Ruzhang's attempt to stop him and called him out again.

He asked relentlessly, "Let me ask you, did Pei Yi's drowning back then have anything to do with you!"

Qin Yishun's aura had been tempered in a rain of bullets, with real guns and knives, and when he moved for real, few people could withstand his questioning.

"......."

No matter how well Pei Huan disguised himself, his breath still shook for a moment.

Pei Yi noticed the softening of the person in front of him, and a cold light flashed in the depths of his eyes. As a transmigrator, he had never thought about this matter carefully-

Firstly because there was no detailed description in the original text, so there was no way to analyze it;

And secondly because it was so far in the past, and the original owner didn't retain his memories of before and after the drowning.

Therefore, Pei Yi took it for granted that the original owner accidentally fell into the water by himself until he learned about the past from Qin Yishun just now-

Pei Huan dared to push the six-year-old original owner down the stairs when he was a child?

His bad roots had clearly developed since childhood!

Since there was a first time, there was no guarantee that there wasn't a second time!

Pei Yi's intuition told him that this was a possibility, and he took the opportunity to ask a tentative question. Pei Huan's silence just verified his guess.

Things had come to this point, and there was no possibility of turning around.

Pei Yi had never thought of himself as a good person in the strict sense, and he also had a bit of stubbornness in his bones.