Chapter 47

When Pei Yi and Bo Yueming arrived home, Uncle Kai immediately greeted them, "Second Young Master, Little Sir, why did you come back so early?"

Technically speaking, the exchange meeting should take three or four hours.

Bo Yueming explained simply, "Something happened, and I didn't want to waste time at that sort of place, so I brought Pei Yi back in advance."

"Has Little Sir had enough to eat?"

Uncle Kai feared they would still be hungry, so he asked for instructions, "Second Young Master, shall I go to the kitchen and get some food?"

Bo Yueming gave a slight nod.

It didn't matter to him, but he was afraid Pei Yi would be hungry later.

Pei Yi made a sullen sound, not in a high mood.

He was still thinking about Chen Shun and Pen Chenggong's vicious deeds that disregarded human life, and on the way back, he felt more and more sympathy for Qiao Dong's family's misfortune.

Pei Yi looked around and said, "Qiao Dong?"

"Little Sir, he is still in the room." Uncle Kai glanced at the closed door, and whispered to Bo Yueming, "I don't know what is going on today. He's all depressed and didn't eat much for dinner."

Uncle Kai always took care of children with the mentality of an elder.

In the past three months or so, he had managed to raise Pei Yi to a healthy state, and now he naturally wanted to let the helpless Qiao Dong eat more.

Hearing what Uncle Kai said, Pei Yi picked up the fruit plate on the coffee table, and after a moment's thought, went straight to Qiao Dong's room.

Uncle Kai was taken aback. "Ai, Little Sir?"

Bo Yueming saw Pei Yi's actions and softly indicated, "Let him go."

The door was pushed open gently.

Qiao Dong, who was sitting blankly at the head of the bed, slowly turned his head. When he saw that it was Pei Yi, he instinctively stood up to greet him, "Little Sir, you, what are you......"

Pei Yi put the plate of fruit on the bedside table and picked up a piece of peeled red pomelo. "Here."

Qiao Dong took it in a daze, not understanding Pei Yi's intentions for a moment.

Pei Yi said simply and clearly, "Sweet, not bitter."

"........"

Qiao Dong felt the comfort wrapped in Pei Yi's few words. Under his gaze, he took a small bite of pomelo, and the moment the juice overflowed, it was indeed sweeter than the bitterness in his heart.

The rain outside the window grew louder.

Qiao Dong was full of negative energy that needed an outlet, and he subconsciously asked, "Little Sir, can I talk with you?"

Pei Yi nodded.

This was also one of his purposes for coming to the room.

Pei Yi hated Chen Shun and Pan Chenggong, who ruined other people's families, but he knew it was not the best time to solve that matter, so he chose the route of comforting Qiao Dong.

Qiao Dong had learned about Pei Yi's situation from Uncle Kai, but still regarded him as a silent partner to confide in. "Today is actually my brother's birthday. If nothing had happened, he would be a father now. He would have been very happy."

"Most of my school expenses were paid for by my brother, and my sister-in-law was also very kind to me."

Even though Qiao Dong himself would study and work part-time, his elder brother and sister-in-law still feared that he would be too tired.