Chapter 40

A rich breakfast was served.

Pei Yi enjoyed it slowly by the window while pricking up his ears to listen to the business conversation not far away.

Bo Yueming asked him from the beginning, "How many companies are participating in the bidding?"

What he received from Old Mr. Bo was only the most basic bidding information for the initial stage of the project of "Wencheng Sports Center," and he didn't know anything about the specific situation.

Song Yuanyuan replied, "In the beginning, apart from the Bo family, there was also a foreign-funded enterprise in Haishi, and five local enterprises in Wencheng."

"......."

Lin Zhong was taken aback. "That many?"

Song Yuanyuan nodded. "This sort of international construction project has always been favored, and this is the calculated number."

In the early stages, there were still some small enterprises who wanted to share a piece of the pie, but once they heard that so many leading enterprises had gathered, their eagerness to make a move was naturally drained.

Bo Yueming asked directly, "What about now?"

Four months had passed since the original bidding invitation, and the situation was likely to have changed.

Song Yuanyuan spoke truthfully, "The foreign-funded enterprise in Haishi has nnounced its withdrawal, and three other local enterprises in Wencheng chose to withdraw one after another. Now, including our Bo Group, there are only three left."

Pei Yi took a sip of soy milk and frowned slightly.

Before the first round of bidding, more than half of the original seven companies had given up. Wasn't this a "sweet pastry" with "impressive results after winning the project?" What was this situation?

Lin Zhong also considered this aspect, and asked on his boss's behalf, "Have you found out what's going on?"

"It's not clear."

Song Yuanyuan shook his head, and could only guess, "Perhaps the opponents are too strong, the competition is too fierce, or there are problems with the companies, so they can't afford this project?"

Not to mention other companies, but even their Bo project team-

The original person in charge, Feng Zheng, fled "quietly" and may have even taken away and leaked all kinds of bidding data that they had calculated before.

Almost all of the members of the project team who learned about this fell apart.

Song Yuanyuan had reported the matter to headquarters in the Imperial Capital, but there was no news after waiting for nearly a week. If Bo Yueming hadn't come, they had all planned to pack their bags and leave.

"Do we know the whereabouts of Feng Zheng?" Bo Yueming felt that it was not easy for this man to give up halfway.

Song Yuanyuan nodded. "We called the police, but we don't have any solid evidence on hand, and it can only be regarded as a private case of resignation. The police will not file the case. I even found a private investigator at my own expense. If there is any news, I will be notified at once."

Pei Yi stuffed the last bite of poached egg into his mouth, feeling that Song Yuanyuan's ability to handle things was not bad.

At least after Feng Zheng quit and disappeared, the other party's follow-up solutions were very reliable.

In the next second, Bo Yueming said affirmatively, "Well done. I will reimburse you for Feng Zheng's expenses, and you will meet with Lin Zhong later."

Song Yuanyuan was overjoyed. "Thank you, Boss!"