Chapter 77

The originally small living room was packed with people.

Shu Wan was still thinking about dinner, and ran back to the kitchen without a word, leaving room for the young people to talk.

Pei Yi glanced at Li Yuan, whose foot was injured somehow, and then secretly at Yan Cen, completely seized by curiosity.

"Pear Garden, why don't you come sit in my bedroom for a while."

As soon as these words were spoken, the eyes of Bo Yueming, Qin Yishun, and the others all turned away.

As a first-time guest, Li Yuan was restrained. "Huh?"

"I want to ask you something about work."

Pei Yi gave a suitable reason and gently supported his friend. "Let's go to my room for a moment."

Pei Yuan looked at the two of them, and her belated 'sister instincts' broke out. "You two go in, just remember to come out for dinner later."

Pei Yi responded with a light smile, "Sister, you're busy, I'll come out and help later."

As he spoke, he gave Bo Yueming a veiled look.

Behave well, don't be nervous-

Bo Yueming understood the hint in his lover's eyes, and nodded imperceptibly.

The bedroom door shut again.

Isolating the four figures in the living room and also blocking Li Yuan's inner anxiety and awkwardness.

Li Yuan breathed a sigh of relief, and the coldness at the corners of his eyes eased a little.

Pei Yi had his friend sit on a wooden chair, and sat on the bed facing him. "Weren't you uncomfortable? It's just the two of us here now, is it better?"

"It's fine. I'm a little slow to warm up to the outside world."

In the past, when he was the young master of a wealthy family, he could use cold arrogance to hide his reticent character. Later, he had to go all out for work.

Pei Yi understood. He picked up the thermos on the bedside table and poured a sweet pear soup from it. "Come on, have a taste?"

"My mom made it early in the morning and hid it here. I'll secretly share half with you."

Li Yuan took the warm sugar water, and the faintly rising heat carried a sweet scent that he liked very much. "Auntie seems very kind."

Although the two were cousins by blood, Shu Wan should be called "Aunt" according to seniority.[1]

But he didn't want anything to do with the Pei family, and always felt more at ease addressing her as Auntie.

Pei Yi pretty much understood what his friend was thinking. He didn't care about the rules of these titles and just acknowledged, "En, she's a very tough but gentle person. You'll know after you meet her a few more times."

He didn't want to repeatedly emphasize the fact that "Shu Wan and Qin Yishun were good people" with his friend. He knew-

People with soft hearts could recognize each other through contact, not through verbal explanations.

Li Yuan took a sip of sweet pear soup and felt a lot more at ease. "Pei Yi, what work did you want to talk to me about?"

Pei Yi's eyes flickered to his left foot. "Tell me first, how did you hurt your foot? Is it serious?"

"......"

Li Yuan was silent for a second or two, then admitted truthfully, "Didn't I go to GM for the project summary meeting today?"