Chapter 46

Not long ago, Bo Yueming had received a message from Lin Zhong, saying that Pei Yi had gone to the "toilet" in a hurry, and then Zhong Yi, who hadn't seen him for a long time, took the chance to greet him.

What Bo Yueming didn't expect was-

That chat between him and Zhong Yi hadn't lasted more than five minutes when Pei Yi hastily returned, and the word "husband" that he uttered sounded sour and jealous.

This unexpected harvest made Bo Yueming happy on both a physical and mental level. He looked at Pei Yi, who was about to become a shrunken kitten, and patted the empty seat beside him.

"Come here and sit down."

In just five words, an uncontrollable smile still slipped out.

"......."

Feeling mocked, Pei Yi ignored him and sat in another seat. He lowered his head and took a vicious bite, turning embarrassment into appetite.

Lin Zhong remembered an important matter and approached Bo Yueming, explaining in a low voice, "Mr. Bo, Little Sir and I went up to the second floor just now. Chen Shun and his son-in-law are in the room at the end of the corridor!"

Bo Yueming's attention was drawn back by the assistant's words, and his brow furrowed slightly-

When Chen Shun left with a bad expression just now, Pei Yi hurriedly "went to the bathroom." He guessed that this person had gone to investigate for him.

Bo Yueming asked, "Did you hear anything?"

Lin Zhong replied, "I don't know for now. Because it was a one-way exit, I was afraid of creating trouble, and also feared that Little Sir would be implicated, so I tossed a recording pen into the decorative plant by the door."

Hearing Lin Zhong's explanation, Bo Yueming asked more rigorously, "Is there any content of your past work on the recorder? Be careful not to be spotted by that old fox."

"No, it's clean."

Lin Zhong would transfer the content of meetings to his computer every evening, then delete it on the recorder so that it didn't take up memory. Even if they checked the brand of the recording pen, it would not be easy to spot him.

If the recording didn't capture key information, they could just go on as if it hadn't happened; and if some key information was recorded, they could prevent problems before they arose.

"......."

Bo Yueming's intuition told him that there would be something strange on it. "Well done. Keep an eye on it."

"Yes."

Seeing the interaction between Lin Zhong and Bo Yueming, Pei Yi didn't have to think too much to understand what they were talking about. He finished eating a small cupcake, and finally managed to suppress the heat all over his body a little bit.

Suddenly, Pei Yi noticed a gentleman in a black suit whose gait was a little off when he stepped with his left foot.

Less than thirty seconds later, the gentleman walked up to Bo Yueming's side. "Mr. Bo, Little Mister Pei, hello."

Hearing the unfamiliar voice, Bo Yueming quickly brought a trace of coldness to his expression.

As the assistant, Lin Zhong asked in his stead, "May I ask who you are?"

"I am Zhang Shunzhi, Chief Assistant of the You Group." The gentleman introduced himself, looking around vigilantly. "Mr. Bo, I wonder if you are free now? Our Director You would like to treat you to a drink."