Chapter 35

Because they ate a lot at the tea restaurant, Bo Yueming and Pei Yi simply skipped dinner after returning home.

Pei Yi returned to the room under the pretext of "being sleepy," and quickly locked the door before taking out his cell phone.

There was an extra unread message in the text box, which was sent by Xiang Nansheng half an hour ago: Apologies, I was delayed by something. This invitation came too suddenly, and I have doubts about your identity, so I'm sorry, but I can't agree.

"......."

Seeing this expected answer, Pei Yi simply dialed the other party's phone number and got up to walk into the bathroom, which had better sound insulation.

Beep - beep - beep -

After a moment, there was finally a connection sound from the other end of the line. "Hello, this is Xiang Nansheng."

Pei Yi kept his voice down and greeted politely, "Director Xiang, hello. I'm Will from "The Last Fog."

There was a brief pause on the other end of the line, and then Xiang Nansheng let out a breath. "I believe I rejected you in the text message."

"I know, but I would like to re-invite you over the phone, and I understand the Director's concerns. After all, it is really hard for people to believe that I, a person who didn't show up today, would make an invitation. This is my mistake."

Pei Yi paused for a moment, and there was a degree of relaxation. "If Director Xiang is willing to accept this invitation, I will ask Mr. Li Yuan to negotiate with you in person."

Xiang Nansheng didn't hang up the phone directly, and his calm tone concealed exhaustion. "Mr. Will, I don't know if you're aware that Youming Studios was founded by Ke Ming and I."

"The most fundamental reason for the failure of the bidding this afternoon was our Youming, but this doesn't mean that we will fall here and never get up again."

They could replace the Alien Beast images that were plagiarized, and let the art team re-create an original design. And their modeling technology was still there, so as long as the funds were in place, the game could still be made.

Their studio had not yet reached the point of bankruptcy. As long as the funds ran smoothly, there would still be opportunities to find other investors in the future and continue to expand and develop.

Pei Yi admitted straightforwardly, "Yes, I have never doubted Director Xiang's ability."

In the real world, he had started a studio with his friends. The group of people worked hard for eight years, and went from being unknown to being famous in China.

No one would be willing to abandon the friendship that had been through such struggle.

If people's hearts didn't change, everything would naturally remain the same, but what if someone changed partway?

Pei Yi thought of everything he had observed in secret at G.M. today, and asked meaningfully, "But Director Xiang, are you sure that the Youming you see now is the one you created?"

"The partner Ke Ming at your side right now, are his ideas, his goals, and even his moral bottom line consistent with yours?"

The two were not so much partners as they were boss and employee.

"......."

On the other end, Xiang Nansheng suddenly fell silent.

Were they consistent?

He couldn't answer that question.

After the bidding ended in the afternoon, the two of them had the biggest dispute in history-