Extra 5

The trees on both sides of the car windows receded rapidly.

Pei Yi was dressed in a serious little suit with a small black school bag in his arms, and looked quite precious.

His gaze moved from the car window to the front row, and there was uncontrollable excitement in his eyes. "Father Yan, Father Rong, can I really see that gege again today?"

"You can."

Zong Baiyan glanced at him through the rearview mirror. "Father Yan will definitely do what he promised you."

Xu Rong turned to look at his child and said warmly, "Pei Yi, today is the birthday of that little gege's grandma. When you follow us to meet her later, you must be polite. Do you understand?"

Pei Yi nodded.

Xu Rong looked at Zong Baiyan with worry in his expression that only an adult could understand. "I remember that your Zong family rarely interacts with the Bo family?"

Although both Bo and Zong were among the top groups in the Imperial Capital, they rarely interacted with each other in domestic life.

Zong Baiyan chuckled. "Actually, it's not that big of a deal."

When Zong Baiyan's grandfather was young, he was in a business competition with Mrs. Bo, who was in charge of the group. As a result, he suffered a rare big loss.

But there were no eternal enemies, only eternal interests.

"After my grandfather passed away, my father led the Zong family and had some business dealings with the Bo family, but the cooperation was not deep."

Zong Baiyan glanced at the cute Pei Yi in the mirror again. "This time, I can use the excuse of Xiao Yi to break the ice and communicate privately. My father is very supportive."

Xu Rong felt relieved.

He was just an outsider and didn't know much about these "big families."

Zong Baiyan noticed his lover's confusion and continued to tell what he knew, "Old Mrs. Bo is a well-known strong woman, did you know that? At this age, she was happily divorced two years ago."

"The old man had an affair behind her back. The other party was still married back then, and as a result, his reputation was stained and he left the house."

At the same time, Old Mrs. Bo also severed ties with her eldest son and his family.

"The young man Pei Yi met last time is called Bo Yueming. He's Old Mrs. Bo's second grandson. I heard that he's the second son of Bo Lihong, and came about when the man was young and romantic....."

Probably out of concern for Pei Yi behind him, Zong Baiyan didn't explain the entire matter. "But I hear that the Second Young Master of the Bo family is very talented."

"He's not even grown yet, but his temperament is as stable as that of a young adult. And he has already won a grand slam in those simulated stock trading competitions, which is very outstanding."

Sitting in the back row, Pei Yi's eyes flitted back and forth. In fact, his "cat" ears were perked up very seriously.

As soon as he heard Zong Baiyan's affirmation of Bo Yueming, he felt an indescribable ambition-

Even such an outstanding father praised the other person's excellence? Then he must be friends with Er-ge!

. . . . . . .

Old Mrs. Bo's birthday banquet was arranged at the Bo family's main residence. When Zong Baiyan arrived with Xu Rong and Pei Yi, there were already many guests who had come to celebrate her birthday.