Chapter 50

Bo Yueming's biological clock was still as accurate as ever. When he awoke, the headache that had been silent the whole night unleashed its strength and instantly penetrated all over his body.

He frowned and tried to turn around, but a familiar weight on his arm startled him. His reasoning that was delayed by the pain finally returned, and he lowered his eyes-

Pei Yi was sleeping in his arms. Perhaps because he had slept so warmly, there was still a trace of a flush on his cheeks.

Bo Yueming's movements had likely disturbed his sweet dreams, and Pei Yi casually grabbed the material of his clothes over his chest and mumbled, "Don't, don't move. I haven't slept enough yet."

"......."

Bo Yueming immediately became "well-behaved' and stopped moving. He stared at the sleeping face of the kitten in his arms and silently recalled everything that had happened before going to bed-

Last night, his sudden return home shocked everyone in the Bo family at the dinner table.

Aside from Bo Jiao, who gave him a genuine welcome, the eyes of the others were all full of repulsion and defiance. Even so, their verbal greetings were still very proper.

Since childhood, Bo Yueming had been accustomed to such hypocritical scenes.

In the past, Bo Yueming would have left the venue after greeting them, but that night, he deliberately "didn't see" the true emotions in their eyes and instead "found" a seat and sat down calmly.

After a few simple and superficial remarks, Bo Yueming directly stated that he wanted to return to group headquarters to continue working for Old Mr. Bo. Not only that, but he brought up Old Mrs. Bo as an excuse.

After all, the Wencheng Sports Center project and the investment expansion along the coast was one of Old Mrs. Bo's most valued projects before she fell ill.

Of course, Bo Yueming brought up Old Mrs. Bo in order to see the other peoples' reactions, and as he expected-

Old Mr. Bo seemed to be in pain, as if he had been stepped on. Then he slapped the table and exploded, "After your grandma had an accident, you took her away without telling us, and now you still want to use her to suppress me?"

"Bo Yueming, think about your birth and identity. If I don't recognize you as a grandson, what qualifications do you have to influence my decision here?"

The moment these words came from Old Mr. Bo's mouth, Bo Yueming thoroughly saw through the other's selfish, narrow-minded, and biased nature-

In fact, Old Mr. Bo didn't care whether his wife would get up again, and didn't value their so-called grandparent and grandson relationship. All he valued from beginning to end was his own face and surname!

Marrying into the Bo family back then was the best choice he could make with his interests and pretenses, and maybe there was some real affection for Old Mrs. Bo.

But later, the love between husband and wife gradually faded away, and all that remained was pretense and superb acting skills.

He hated being called "Old Mr. Bo" by others. His wife was a head above him, and he felt that he had been swallowing down this humiliation for decades!

During the period where his wife, Bo Peizhi, had an "accident," the mask Cheng Yangshan had worn for many years finally grew weaker each day, and he began to reveal the chauvinism in his bones that had not disappeared for a day.

Pedantic, ignorant, and stupid!

The reason Cheng Yangshan showed such extreme resistance and disgust toward Bo Yueming was because Bo Peizhi valued this grandson so much!