Chapter 62

Five minutes later.

Pei Yi knocked on the passenger door. The window rolled down, and a puff of smoke drifted out from inside.

Through the thin haze, Pei Yi could clearly see the despondency in Li Yuan's eyes. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

Sitting in the driver's seat, Li Yuan was afraid that his friend wouldn't like the smoke, so he extinguished the lit cigarette in his hand. He rolled down the car windows and sunroof, turning on the ventilation. "Are you coming in? It might still be a little stuffy."

Pei Yi didn't care about the smokiness. He opened the door and sat inside. "Sorry I butted in just now."

Li Yuan sighed. "No, if not for you, I might not have been able to ask questions or make a decision."

Pei Yi understood the undiminished pain in his friend's heart, and explained the circumstances, "I'll go in your car. I just asked Lao Fu to keep an eye on Madam An's situation covertly and make sure she gets home safely before going back."

After all, An Yang's condition had not been completely cured.

If she took things too hard and was stimulated by those words to the point of doing something stupid, if something happened on the way home, Li Yuan would suffer even more.

Li Yuan acknowledged his friend's kindness. "Thank you."

"I told you, there's no need for such politeness between friends."

Pei Yi took out two plastic-sealed mini bags of snowball cakes from his coat pocket and handed one over. "Do you want one? They're really tasty."

Li Yuan took it slowly. "Why are you carrying this with you?"

Pei Yi blurted out, "Er-ge had someone buy them for me."

After realizing his baffling sense of pleasure, he quickly changed his words, "So what, it takes a lot of brainpower to design games, so I like to eat something sweet."

"Although it's a bit childish, sweets do make people feel better, don't they?"

"En."

This time, Li Yuan didn't deny it.

He opened the plastic bag and stuffed the mini snowball cake into his mouth, playing with the edge of the bag with his head down.

"........"

Feeling the pain in the depths of this silence, Pei Yi sighed softly. "Pear Garden, don't hold back when you're not feeling good."

From beginning to now, Li Yuan was not the party at fault in this incident, but the biggest victim of all.

After all, he was also a misplaced child, and Pei Huan's situation over the years had been much better than Li Yuan's.

Li Yuan ate without tasting it, and choked up a little. "Pei Yi, do you think all of this is true? Could there be a mistake?"

After all, the current "authenticated truth" was one-sided on An Yang's part.

Pei Yi knew of the established results in the book and in reality, so he asked, "What do you think? Do you want to do the paternity test?"

Li Yuan shook his head. "I don't know."

The only child of Li Xiang and An Yang, Li Yuan bore his father's surname and his mother's first name, which also carried the love between the couple in the beginning. He had lived with this external identity for twenty-five years.

From childhood to adulthood, Li Yuan felt that he was never short of material and spiritual abundance, and was grateful for his parents' upbringing and love. Before the misfortune at home, he had been living very proudly and confidently.