Chapter 96

Weiyi Games headquarters.

An assistant knocked on the door of the single-person office. After receiving permission, he pushed open the door and walked in, not forgetting to look around before closing the door so that nobody outside noticed the scene.

Gao Pingfeng, who was in his seat, saw his appearance and urged, "Come on, nobody would dare to eavesdrop at the door in broad daylight."

The assistant approached and whispered, "Teacher Gao, I heard that Pei Yi's second revision of the script has been approved, and filming officially starts next Monday."

Gao Pingfeng frowned. "It really passed?"

He had originally thought that the other party was putting on a brave face, but unexpectedly, it only took ten and a half days to get it out? Was it possible that he had ghostwriters behind the scenes?

The assistant nodded affirmatively, feeling a little impressed. "Teacher Gao, how could he create a new script in half a month, ah? And I don't think the production team has made any major changes to the setting."

"Who knows?" Gao Pingfeng still refused to acknowledge Pei Yi's ability, so he just said. "I suppose he just hired outside help."

The assistant wasn't sure what Gao Pingfeng was thinking. "Teacher Gao, then what about our, no, your script. Will the company executives still use it?"

They had initially thought that Pei Yi was just verbally showing off and would not be able to write a decent game structure script when the time came, so they secretly worked hard to hand over the project during this time.

But contrary to expectations-

Now senior management was continuing to cooperate with Pei Yi and YWY Studios, but what about the script in their own hands? Wouldn't it be invalidated?

When Gao Pingfeng heard the assistant's question, a hint of displeasure flashed deep in his eyes.

Originally, he had persuaded Guo Guanghong and took advantage of the other party's instructions to leak the script before filming started, thinking that he would be able to take over Pei Yi's project naturally.

But now, he had nothing and all his hard work had been in vain?

He had labored to prepare for so long, so how could his hard work be wasted?

Gao Pingfeng suppressed the unwillingness and anxiety in his heart, and pretended to be calm on the surface. "What are you anxious about? You must learn to wait patiently in everything you do. Did I obtain my position as chief planner overnight?"

The assistant knew how to behave in the workplace, and flattered him, "Of course not! Looking at the entire headquarters, who doesn't know that you, Teacher Gao, are one of the most senior employees?"

Gao Pingfeng emphasized with feeling, "After this week, it will be the end of my fifteen years of calculations. Tell me, how many fifteen years can there be in life?"

"Yes, ah, Teacher Gao, Mr. Guo thinks so highly of you....." The assistant continued to flatter him, and lowered his voice. "I think your position in the company will continue to rise."

Gao Pingfeng listened happily and said, "Do your best, kid. You will be indispensable when the time comes."

The assistant said with appropriate loudness, "Ai! Thank you, Teacher Gao!"

"All right, don't pretend to be good here!" Gao Pingfeng stopped him. "Hurry up and contact the two ghostwriters again to make the changes to the script I proposed. I'll discuss it with Mr. Guo later."