Chapter 11

In the blink of an eye, it was Friday.

Pei Yi intentionally hid his inadequacy by keeping quiet, and only changed into a formal banquet outfit with the help of the tailor.

There was no deliberate splendid ornamentation. The white suit was lined with black, and only a cravat at the neckline revealed a fluttering bright color. His hair was straighter for this occasion, and fell down softly.

He looked well-behaved and likable.

As early as the first day he learned about this banquet, Pei Yi's heart was full of anticipation-

In the plot of the original book, apart from his "cannon fodder" self and Bo Yueming as the "villain" at this banquet, the protagonist gong and shou and supporting roles in the book also appeared one by one. This was an important juncture for the original start of their entanglements.

Where there were many people, there would be liveliness. How could Pei Yi miss this opportunity?

What's more, both he and Bo Yueming were roll-called by Old Mr. Bo to attend.

After tidying up, Pei Yi didn't procrastinate, opening the door and going downstairs.

Having gotten dressed, Bo Yueming stood beside the sofa in the living room, also wearing a simple three piece suit-

The suitable custom tailoring highlighted his body proportions, with wide shoulders, a narrow waist and long legs. Along with his curated hairstyle and mixed-race appearance, he was simply more outstanding than the first-class male models on international runways. No praise could be too much.

Bo Yueming heard movement. "Pei Yi?"

"En."

Pei Yi's eyes lit up faintly, and only after approaching did he realize-

While it looked pure black from a distance, the fabric of Bo Yueming's coat jacket shimmered finely, low-key but not lacking in gorgeousness, and there was also a sense of subtle mysteriousness and understated personality.

Everything was great, only the tie was a little crooked.

Bo Yueming couldn't see it, and it might not be easy to sort out if he wasn't warned.

Pei Yi stared at the slightly crooked tie for two or three seconds, then the onset of obsessive-compulsive disorder directly began and he quickly grasped the tie, moving it to the center position.

Warm fingertips seemed to rub against Bo Yueming's Adam's apple, creating a light and superficial tickle, like the faint scratch of a knife's edge or the brief touch of a kiss.

His body's instincts were greater than his reasoning.

Bo Yueming swiftly grabbed the troublesome hand in front of him, revealing a sharp and vigilant expression. "What are you doing?"

Pei Yi was pulled forward by the sudden force, and half of his body nearly fell into Bo Yueming's arms.

He raised his head in confusion, and when he saw that slightly red Adam's apple, he realized in surprise-

For most men, the Adam's apple was a sensitive and dangerous spot. How could outsiders be allowed to touch it at will, ah?

"C-crooked."

Pei Yi quickly withdrew his hand, his gaze and thoughts still on Bo Yueming's throat.

Although, wasn't this too sensitive? It became red all of a sudden like this! Did this mean that he was innocent? Or did it mean that in some respect.....

Bo Yueming realized his gaffe, and his tone quickly returned to normal. "Tell me if the tie is crooked. You don't need to do it for me."

Pei Yi's incoherent thoughts were interrupted, and he gave a vague answer.