Chapter 79

"......."

The figure only lingered in Pei Yi peripheral vision for a second before vanishing around the corner, smoothly hidden behind a wall.

Li Yuan took two or three steps forward, only to realize that his friend wasn't following. "Will, what are you looking at?"

"Nothing, maybe I saw wrong?"

Pei Yi followed, thinking honestly that he shouldn't conceal it. "Pear Garden, I thought I saw Ke Ming just now. Do you know if he came to participate in the competition?"

"Ke Ming?"

Li Yuan heard this long-unheard name and his expression unconsciously went cold. "I'm not sure. I haven't paid attention to him and the dynamics of his studio since we got busy with The Last Fog."

They hadn't seen Ke Ming since the last round of GM's bidding, and Xiang Nansheng, who used to work with him, was also hired to YWY Studios after leaving the company.

"I heard there was a server bug in Search For Another World last time, which caused Youming Studios a lot of money."

"Other than Brother Xiang being 'forced' to resign, even the investment partners they found for Alien Beasts ran away."

Li Yuan told all he knew about the situation, but also maintained a trace of vigilance. "How about I call Brother Xiang and ask him to help figure out the situation?"

Pei Yi shook his head. "Forget it, don't bother him at this hour. We'll know what the situation is tomorrow morning at the latest."

Li Yuan put a stop to his thoughts. "Then let's set it aside for now. Whether he comes or not, we still have to go through our own process."

This wasn't a competition where they chose "one from two," but rather "three from twenty." As the participating producers, they were under a lot of pressure, and at the same time, the organizers would also pursue fairness and justice.

After all, this game design competition was being held for the eighth time, and the word "original" was in the title-

If Ke Ming still used the level of plagiarism in Alien Beasts to cheat, he likely wouldn't achieve a ranking.

With the same thought in mind, Pei Yi patted his friend on the shoulder. "Let's go have a late-night snack. I can already smell the aroma from the restaurant."

Li Yuan smiled back. "Okay."

. . . . . . .

On the first night in Haishi, Pei Yi still couldn't fall asleep quickly.

But fortunately, the jacket he brought had the familiar scent of his lover, and after falling asleep, he felt more at ease than usual in this unfamiliar environment.

The alarm clock rang at exactly eight o'clock.

Pei Yi was forced to wake up, and instinctively mumbled, "Er-ge, shut it off."

Only as soon as he said these words while half asleep, he recognized the environment he was in-

This was not Bo Yueming's house, and Bo Yueming was not by his side.

"......."

Pei Yi's heart trembled with a trace of unspeakable loss. After fumbling to turn off the alarm, he forced himself to sit up.

He rubbed his sleepy eyes, and called to his friend in the next bed who also liked to sleep under the quilt, "Pear Garden, it's eight o'clock. Time to wake up."

"Mm......"

Huddled under the quilt, Li Yuan responded and then went silent. It was clear that he also had trouble getting up.