Chapter 57

Pei Yi was awakened by a tickle on his face, and when he opened his eyes with difficulty, he found that Inspector was patting his face with its small paw, as if urging him to get up.

"Meow-wu~"

"Good morning, Inspector, don't make trouble."

Inspector obediently retracted its paw and crouched on the edge of the bed, waiting for its master to wake up.

Pei Yi's head was still dizzy, but he didn't have the uncomfortable hangover feeling from the previous few times, probably because he didn't drink too much and get too drunk. He still vaguely remembered the scene of when he was inebriated the night before.

Bo Yueming had stopped his excessive drinking in time, and seemed to have taken him back to the small bedroom on his own initiative.

- You have to give me a chance to prove it to you, okay?

This sentence flashed through Pei Yi's mind, and he frowned. He couldn't remember if it really came from Bo Yueming's mouth, or whether it was a drunken hallucination.

Pei Yi looked sideways at the empty right side of the bed, but his mood was filled with a subtle sense of satisfaction.

He remembered that Bo Yueming seemed to be coaxing him to sleep last night, but for some reason, when he was with the other party, he could always sleep more peacefully and securely.

Inspector crouched obediently by the side and waited with some anxiousness, urging in a low tone, "Meow-wu~"

Pei Yi smiled lightly and rubbed his pet's little head. "Understood, I'll get up right away."

He stopped lingering in bed, got up, and went to the bathroom to wash up.

When Pei Yi led Inspector to the kitchen on the first floor, only Uncle Kai was still sitting and waiting silently. "Little Sir, you're awake?"

"En."

Pei Yi responded and then subconsciously glanced at the study.

Keenly aware of his meaning, Uncle Kai smiled. "Little Sir, the Second Young Master went to headquarters early this morning. A position in senior management has changed, and there are a lot of things to keep him busy."

Uncle Kai had seen through his intentions to "find someone," and Pei Yi coughed uncomfortably. "Uncle Kai, I'm a little hungry."

"Breakfast was left for you in the kitchen, I'll ask a servant to bring it." Uncle Kai said, as if recalling something important, "Little Sir, sit down, I'll go and bring it to you myself."

"En, thank you, Uncle Kai."

After a while, Uncle Kai came back with a tray. "Little Sir, it will soon be noon. You should drink some light porridge to fill your stomach. And this-"

He emphatically handed over a small cup of hangover soup. "Second Young Master cooked this for you, and it has been kept warm."

Pei Yi was a little surprised. "Er-ge cooked it himself?"

There were no outsiders at the moment, so Uncle Kai said truthfully, "Yes, ah. Second Young Master dismissed the servants and got up early to cook it himself."

Although Bo Yueming didn't let Uncle Kai reveal anything before he left and didn't plan to ask for credit from Pei Yi for his kindness, as someone who had been there, Uncle Kai still felt that some things should have light shone on them.

Pei Yi chuckled and put down the bowl of porridge, taking the lead to drink the cup of hangover soup.

Uncle Kai sat to the side, feeling a little emotional. "When the Old Lady and the Second Young Master had accidents one after another, I was really afraid that the Second Young Master would be unable to make a comeback. Since Little Sir came to this house, everything has changed for the better."