Chapter 18

"Mr. Li, it's not that I haven't thought about it, but the facts are in front of me-"

Another calm and experienced voice sounded, asking with helpless resignation, "Since Old Mr. Li passed away, has your 'Dawn Games' ever made a comeback?"

"Yes, I admit that at a young age, you still stabilized a company that was on the verge of bankruptcy in three or four years. Such perseverance and devotion is amazing, but I really can't see any development prospects in your "Dawn."

The person named 'Mr. Yang' paused, and spoke the cruelest rejection in the calmest tone. "I'm sorry I can't do anything about this investment. I still have something to do, so I'll step out first."

The soundproofing in the box wasn't good.

Pei Yi listened to the chatter in the box next door, and then heard Li Yuan hoarsely accepting his fate. "I'm delaying Mr. Yang. I'll see you off, then."

There was more movement next door as they got up and left.

After the door curtain was lifted, the tone of that Mr. Yang's speech softened a lot. "Young Mister Li, I still admire your perseverance in doing things. Don't see me off. If I have a chance, I will treat you to dinner."

"Thank you, President Wang, for your appreciation. Then leave slowly."

"En."

The footsteps gradually faded away.

Pei Yi couldn't hold back, and opened the curtain of the box. Sure enough, he saw Li Yuan's back from the side, tall and superior, with the iconic wolf tail and fluffy hair on the back of his head.

Li Yuan, who watched the investor walk away, turned around and met Pei Yi's gaze. He froze for two seconds, looking around to restrain the disappointment in his eyes.

"Little Young Master Pei, why are you here alone?"

As soon as the words fell, he frowned and asked again, "Our conversation just now, you heard it all?"

"......."

Pei Yi paused for a second or two, and decided to follow the original owner's temperament, answering truthfully, "A little bit."

However, this little bit was enough for him to analyze the purpose and final result of the conversation.

Li Yuan looked at the empty box on his side and let out a soft, bitter laugh. "Forget it. If you heard, you heard. I guess a little fool like you wouldn't understand."

The second half of the sentence was spoken very lightly, and the phrase "little fool" was like a pronoun, not a deliberate derogatory remark.

Pei Yi's eyes moved to the empty seat opposite, then back to Li Yuan's face, sending a silent invitation: Do you want to sit down?

At the same time, Li Yuan approached and said, "Can I sit down?"

Pei Yi nodded.

As soon as Li Yuan sat down, assistant Lin Zhong came up with a glass of orange juice and small cakes. The latter was a bit surprised to see an extra person in the box seat. "Little Young Master, who is this?"

Li Yuan frowned, and then realized that Pei Yi couldn't have gone out alone.

Before he could open his mouth to introduce himself, Pei Yi made an affirmative statement-

"Friend."

Lin Zhong and Li Yuan were simultaneously taken aback. They didn't expect that Pei Yi would address him with the word "friend."

Lin Zhong, who reacted first, put down the juice and cake, and took the opportunity to examine Li Yuan for a moment. "Sir, do you need anything? I can go downstairs to order for you."