Chapter 23

"......."

An uneasy silence spread around.

The attendant felt cold sweat dripping from his forehead, and even breathing became difficult under the influence of his unconscious fear. "Little Young Master Pei, I am just a mere waiter helping to run errands. This is r-really none of my business!"

"But you've gotten into trouble now." Pei Yi narrowed his eyes, and said one word at a time, "Speak clearly!"

The attendant knew that he couldn't afford to offend any wealthy guest, so after struggling with his thoughts several times, he still confessed everything. "It wasn't the Second Young Master, but Mr. Pei who told me to bring you here."

"He told me to watch in a corner of the banquet hall, and when you were alone, to go to you in the name of Second Young Master Bo and coax you to the guest room upstairs.

Pei Yi scoffed inaudibly.

Pei Huan?

Sure enough, he was connected to this business!

It was likely that he had discussed it with Bo Guancheng, and as for Minister Zheng who came later, he should have become a pawn who was "used" without knowing it.

Pei Yi's grip relaxed a little, and he continued to ask, "Who is in the guest room?"

The attendant swallowed his saliva nervously and became more forthcoming, "It, it should be the chairman who was by his side."

Half an hour ago, when he was called to the VIP lounge by Pei Huan, the chairman of the German Chamber of Commerce named Sun Yelong was sitting on the sofa. His eyes were full of malice and anticipation, and he took out a room card and tossed it to him.

Although the attendant was not very old, he was accustomed to seeing all kinds of guests in the hotel-

Have him take Pei Yi to the hotel room alone? The sinister intentions in this were self-evident!

The attendant's first reaction was to refuse, but he was quickly intimidated by Pei Huan.

"If you don't do this, there will be others willing to do it."

"Either you do it obediently and receive a reward of five thousand yuan after the task is completed, or you can wait for the hotel manager to fire you personally."

Under the double pressure of work and money, that shallow bit of conscience struggled and disappeared.

Pei Yi's face had darkened completely.

In addition to the disgusting pimp-like activities of Pei Huan and others, he also thought of the brief description in the original text - after the original owner participated in the banquet, he became more and more withdrawn and began to hide in the room all day, unwilling to go out.

The storyline of the book was written around the protagonist, Pei Huan, but who could guarantee what happened to other people during that time period outside the text?

"......."

The waiter felt the low air pressure coming from behind, and regretted until his intestines were green. "Little Young Master, just let me go this time! I don't have a good education, and the salary at this hotel is the best. My dad was sick and hospitalized some time ago, and I haven't even paid for the surgery......"

"If I didn't agree, I would have lost my job!"

"Stop selling misery here!"

Pei Yi did not accept his rhetoric. "If I didn't know better, I would think you were secretly happy to take the money right now! Or did you think that if something happened to me, you wouldn't need to take legal responsibility?"