Chapter 43

Pei Yi stood silently at the door and looked at the gleam of light shining from the crack at the bottom. Before his villainous heart could begin to bubble up and struggle, the closed door suddenly opened-

The four eyes met.

Both unprepared people were taken aback.

Pei Yi's gaze wavered, and he quickly lowered his head to control his expression.

At the same time, Bo Yueming also recovered from the momentary shock. He had just gone to the bathroom to wash his face and drive away the drowsiness when he suddenly heard light footsteps at the door.

Because this was his first time staying in the new house, he feared it was a burglar in the middle of the night, so he approached softly and opened the door suddenly.

Seeing Pei Yi, Bo Yueming pretended at once to be blind and vigilant. "Who is it?"

"........"

In just a few seconds, the acting skills of the two simultaneously came online.

Pei Yi fought against his inexplicably thumping heartbeat and looked up again-

Bo Yueming was wearing black pajamas, and the tight waistband outlined his lithe waist, raising his body proportions to the extreme.

His meticulously combed wet hair fell down across his forehead, faintly covering the faint cold proudness of his features, and there was trace of asceticism that couldn't be explained to outsiders.

Pei Yi swallowed slightly, feeling that he was very thirsty. "Er, Er-ge."

Even though this wasn't the first time he had seen such a thing, he couldn't help but sigh internally every time: the other party was the most attractive person in the book, and even Yan Cen and Qin Yishun had to stand aside a little bit.

Bo Yueming pretended to identify him by sound, and said knowingly, "Pei Yi? Why aren't you sleeping? It's late."

Pei Yi thought of his purpose for leaving the room, and his series of embarrassing behaviors as he stood unknowingly in front of the master bedroom, and his whole body felt hot.

For now, he could only come up with a lame excuse. "I'm thirsty."

"Thirsty?"

Bo Yueming's expression was a little subtle.

The kitten was playing the fool, and wasn't really stupid.

Even if he was thirsty and wanted to drink water at this point in time, he would go downstairs and pour it quietly. How could he walk in the opposite direction to his bedroom?

Unless......the other party just wanted to find him.

This thought suddenly popped into Bo Yueming's mind, and he asked, "You can't sleep in a new place tonight? Don't you have your quilt?"

"........"

How did he know?

He couldn't sleep even with the quilt.

Still secretly depressed, Pei Yi took a deep breath and played the fool to the end. "Er-ge, I'm thirsty."

Bo Yueming turned slightly to make room for him, and motioned, "Come in, I"ll get you some water."

Pei Yi hesitated for two seconds, and then walked in as slow as a snail.

Bo Yueming trailed one hand on the wall and located Pei Yi's position with the other. "Come on."

When he was alone, he didn't have to hide anything, but when the kitten came, he had to act!

Pei Yi was already accustomed to this bit of Bo Yueming's fumbling and searching, so he naturally held his wrist while skillfully pretending to be very well-behaved.