Chapter 73

A WeChat video call suddenly popped up. It was Bo Yueming.

Pei Yi inexplicably panicked, afraid that his sorry appearance would make his lover worry.

He quickly wiped his face with a wet paper towel, smoothed his messy hair a bit, and gathered his outermost coat in before answering the video call.

Bo Yueming's face appeared the moment the screen switched on.

They had obviously just seen each other that morning, but what happened these few short hours was not something that anyone could easily bear.

After seeing Bo Yueming, Pei Yi's courage when facing his kidnappers collapsed in an instant, and he felt an inexplicable sense of grievance and sourness. "Er-ge."

"Pei Yi."

The two spoke at the same time and stopped at the same time.

Bo Yueming stared at him without blinking, the worry in his eyes undiminished. "Why did it take so long for the video call to connect, are you injured?"

"No, I'm fine, it's just a little cold."

Pei Yi explained his situation very lightly, not wanting to distract Bo Yueming from his business at the shareholder meeting for the time being.

He glanced at Qin Yishun, who was sitting quietly by his side with his face growing darker and darker, and added in a very low whisper, "Er-ge, my big brother is getting angry, shh."

"......."

Suddenly being used as an excuse to "bluff" people, Qin Yishun's expression darkened even more-

What was so good about Bo Yueming? Was he enthralled by his own little brother's willing appearance?

Seeing that Pei Yi liked him, Qin Yishun just turned a blind eye. As a result, his little brother was involved in the Bo family's disputes two and then three times, and each time was more frightening!

It had been less than five minutes since he had gotten out of a dangerous situation, and in front of his brother, he only had eyes for Bo Yueming?

"......."

A daughter married off was like water poured out, and it was hard to recover a cabbage with long legs![1]

Qin Yishun remembered this joke he had heard in the army before, and simply turned his gaze out the window so he couldn't see them.

Annoying!

At this moment, the 'annoying' Pei Yi was still immersed in the video call, not revealing the wounds on his body. "Er-ge, the shareholder meeting hasn't ended so soon, has it?"

"Not yet, I rushed out after receiving the WeChat message."

Bo Yueming glanced in the direction of the large conference room and explained, "The most important part on the agenda is coming soon."

Pei Yi was anxious. "Then you go back quickly, what are you still doing here chatting with me?"

Hearing that his tone was as normal as always, Bo Yueming only said, "Listening to your voice wasn't enough, I needed to see you to rest assured. I'm ready to go back now."

Pei Yi nodded. "En, don't forget the business I mentioned."

Bo Yueming recalled the previous voice message, and his ribcage became a shield as he recovered his confidence. "I know, none of them will leave with a smile today."

"Okay, go ahead. I'll wait for you to finish."

Pei Yi hung up the phone, only to find that his brother's expression was nearly as black as carbon.