Chapter 30

Qin Yishun got off work early, and it was only six o'clock when the two arrived at the restaurant's parking lot.

Pei Yi looked at the cup of coffee that Qin Yishun had put into the vehicle's small refrigerator, and looked at him in a daze.

Qin Yishun said, "Let's eat first, Brother will drink it later."

This cup of coffee was the first "gift" that Pei Yi had given him after many years. Qin Yishun regarded it as very important, and didn't want to just treat it casually and drink it up.

Pei Yi nodded and let Qin Yishun make his own arrangements.

Seeing his obedient and well-behaved appearance, the always restrained Qin Yishun couldn't help but reach out and rub Pei Yi's head. The soft and delicate hair touched his palm, and the tickle brought by it softened the bottom of his heart.

Qin Yishun's stern indifference, which he couldn't lose in thousands of years, only vanished in front of his little brother. "Let's get out of the car and eat."

Because Pei Yi had come so suddenly, Qin Yishun was unprepared and could only temporarily book a high-scoring restaurant through his friends. The name was quite literary: "Desert Rose."

Qin Yishun reported his relevant information, and after the manager confirmed it, he personally led the two of them to a private room upstairs.

"Mr. Qin, it is like this, because your reservation was last minute, we could only arrange the spare box at the end of the second floor for the time being, and the space will be slightly smaller."

"I'll arrange for the waiters to move your seats as soon as another guest box becomes available, is that all right?"

"It is."

Qin Yishun was rightfully direct. He had heard that the food in this restaurant was good, so he wanted to bring Pei Yi to try something new.

As for the location, it was only the two of them. As long as the environment of the spare room wasn't outrageous, then there was no problem.

The three of them took the elevator to the private box area on the second floor.

On both sides of the corridor was a "desert kiln" design, but the walls were covered with blooming roses of various colors, and the doors of the boxes were arranged in a staggered manner and named after the different names of various roses.

The overall atmosphere was the same as the name of the establishment, especially literary and artistic.

Pei Yi followed Qin Yishun, quietly observing the layout.

Suddenly, somebody stopped him from behind. "Little Mister Pei?"

This familiar voice reached his ears, and Pei Yi paused. He could only turn around-

Yan Cen, whom he hadn't seen in a while, was standing at the corner. The light from behind was fragmented, casting a layer of gentle light and shadow across his profile and making his aura even more like untainted moonlight, especially outstanding.

There was a hint of surprise in the eyes hidden under gold-rimmed glasses, and Yan Cen walked steadily toward Pei Yi. "It's really you, ah? Why is Little Mister Pei here tonight?"

As soon as he finished speaking, he met Qin Yishun, who had stopped as well.

The gazes of the two sides collided midair, seemingly calm but with completely different thoughts.

Yan Cen pushed his glasses up lightly and took the lead to break the deadlock. "Little Mister Pei wouldn't have come to this restaurant alone. May I ask who you are?"