Chapter 45

It was soon time for dinner.

As a full-time housekeeper, Uncle Kai had always been a proficient cook, and could whip up a table of food alone even if he was busy.

At the long dinner table, Pei Yi deliberately chose the farthest place from the main seat.

Uncle Kai was a little surprised when he brought the soup over. "Little Sir, why are you sitting at the corner?"

He usually sat next to the main seat when he ate.

"Hmm."

Pei Yi responded half-heartedly, pretending to be immersed in the food.

Not long ago, he was so stimulated from Bo Yueming's words that he fled the sofa in a hurry, and his mood had not completely calmed down yet.

He didn't know what was going on, but Pei Yi always felt that Bo Yueming was flirting with him intentionally or unintentionally. After thinking about it, he felt that his facial expression wasn't right-

After all, when Bo Yueming spoke with such a face, eight out of ten sentences were enough to "kill" people!

Seeing that Pei Yi was sitting in the wrong seat, Lin Zhong and the others did not dare to sit indiscriminately. Driver Lao Zhong beckoned softly, "Little Sir, why don't you go sit down?"

"......."

Pei Yi played the fool and pretended not to hear. He buried his head in another bite of white rice.

Sitting at the main seat, Bo Yueming saw through him but kept silent. "It's fine, everyone can sit down as you like."

The head of the family had opened his mouth, so Uncle Kai and the others casually found places to sit.

Having just arrived, Qiao Dong didn't dare to be too casual, and sat in a relatively farther back seat. Because it was far away from other dishes, he only dared to take a few bites of stir-fried vegetables with white rice.

Pei Yi, who was sitting on the side with no intention of eating, noticed Qiao Dong's restrained expression after a while.

Getting up, he picked up serving chopsticks and a small bowl, and seemed to pick up dishes at random on the table. He plopped it in front of Qiao Dong, and didn't forget to move over the untouched spare rib soup that Uncle Kai had given him.

"Eat!"

The resounding sentence attracted the attention of everyone at the table.

Qiao Dong, who had originally wanted to reduce his sense of existence, was startled. He imitated Uncle Kai, Lin Zhong, and the others, "L-little Sir, n-no need, you eat."

In just a few seconds, his entire face had flushed red, and that appearance of "trying to be strong" from that day in the underground parking lot was nowhere to be seen.

Pei Yi was unmoved. "Eat, you're skinny."

"......"

He seemed to be picking randomly, but in fact, he paid attention to every dish, obviously because he feared Qiao Dong would not be full if he restrained himself.

However, after living together for so long, why didn't Bo Yueming see the kitten getting things for him, the one with "inconvenient eyesight?"

Heartless little thing.

Bo Yueming endured the incongruous sourness, and gave Uncle Kai a look when nobody was paying attention.

Uncle Kai understood, and said with a smile, "Qiao Dong, you don't need to be too restrained in this family. Your leg injury isn't healed yet, so you should eat more."