Chapter 68

The door to the living room closed gently.

Li Yuan turned around and looked at the grandfather and grandson who had come uninvited. Out of politeness, he took the initiative to pour a cup of tea for Old Mr. Pei. "Old Sir, please sit down."

Seeing his manners, a hint of admiration flickered in Old Mr. Pei's eyes.

Li Yuan avoided meeting his gaze, and glanced at Pei Huan next to old Mr. Pei, his face pale-

Regardless of the choice An Yang made in his sophomore year, it was the difference in attitude she showed on their birthday that deeply hurt Li Yuan from beginning to end.

Li Yuan felt that he was not a saint, nor did he have the heart of a Bodhisattva.

Whether or not Pei Huan had known about it, he really couldn't treat a person who had taken his future away with a sense of balance.

Old Mr. Pei didn't know his hidden past, but he saw Li Yuan's expression change slightly.

He glanced at the slightly awkward Pei Huan, and took the initiative to explain, "I asked Xiao Huan to bring me to you. No wonder he didn't talk to you beforehand and make an appointment to have someone in your company greet us."

"I heard from Xiao Huan that the two of you were university classmates?"

Old Mr. Pei picked up the hot tea Li Yuan had poured, carefully observing his face through the steam. The charm of his features really resembled his wife's when she was young.

Li Yuan gave an unnoticeable laugh, once again regaining his venomous tongue and coldness toward the outside world. "The Old Sir is joking. Mr. Pei is a young master from a wealthy family, how can I deserve to be a 'university classmate' of his?"

"I just studied the same major for a year, which doesn't count. I'm not familiar with him."

"......."

Hearing the stabbing intent in his words, Pei Huan's eyes froze slightly.

Old Mr. Pei also noticed this, and paused while serving tea. "Child, I checked on the situation of the Li family in recent years before coming here. You have suffered."

Li Yuan responded indifferently, "It's no good to bother the Old Sir with our Li family affairs."

Old Mr. Pei heard the firmness in his words, and disagreed, "How can the affairs of the two families be discussed separately at this point? You should know the reason why I came to you today."

Li Yuan naturally knew, but he didn't care.

Old Mr. Pei smelled the ordinary scent of the tea and was about to put it down, but remembering that this was the first cup of hot tea that Li Yuan had poured for him, he still took a few dignified sips.

"Ruzhang and his wife have already done a paternity test with Xiao Huan, and so have Ms An and Xiao Huan. Xiao Huan......"

Old Mr. Pei paused, but still laid the facts down in front of the two children. "It is true that he has no blood relationship with our Pei family. He is the son of the late President Li and Ms. An."

"......."

A trace of unwillingness flashed deep in Pei Huan's eyes. Rubbing his fingertips, he forced it down.

Li Yuan learned the truth, and the fog-covered mirror in his heart finally became clear. He saw his reflection, but didn't recognize himself.

"So what?"

After a long silence, Li Yuan only asked these two simple words.

"I hope you can return to your position as 'Young Master Pei," so that we can make up for what we've owed you over the years."