Chapter 31

The 16th floor of the Jinmao Building in the Imperial Capital's top central business district, where the Chinese G.M. branch was located.

Li Yuan came out of the main entrance of the building. He lowered his eyes and carefully looked at the tentative contract in his hands that had been through preliminary screening, and the anxiety in his heart was at last relieved for good.

He grabbed a bottle of mineral water from a vending machine and quickly drained half the bottle, sitting in the open-air rest area outside.

Li Yuan's thoughts turned, and he couldn't wait to share the news with his collaborator, Will. He opened the Youtu app interface-

"Will, are you there? I just came out of G.M. Our game project has passed the first round of screening!"

The status displayed on the chat page was "Logged In," and within half a minute, the other party sent a reply: "The first round of preliminary screening? Is there another competitor shortlisted?"

Li Yuan had guessed that Will would ask this question, so he simply typed the answer by voice, "En, they plan to invest in and track five projects in the second half of the year. We were a little late in delivery, so now there is only one place left."

He paused, and a glimmer of light flickered in his eyes. "Their Executive Director was not there today. I just took the project material book and explained briefly......"

G.M. intended to get involved with the game industry in China, so at the end of the screening, Li Yuan and another game studio group were left, and the two sides would have a second round of competition next Friday.

At that time, it would not only be the Executive Director, but the company's Chief Operating Officer and high-level shareholders behind the scenes would also be present at the venue to give their opinions.

In other words, next Friday was the key node that would determine whether their "The Last Fog" could bring in investment.

Li Yuan was both nervous and looking forward to it. If he could really get the support of a large venture capital company like G.M, it would be much better than the small investments he received in the past!

On the other side, Will learned of the situation and asked another essential question, "What is the name of the other game studio? How much do you know about them?"

There was a fitting old saying - know your enemy and yourself, and you can win a hundred battles.

When it came to the competitor, Li Yuan's expression was joyous. But before he could explain to Will on the other end, a light greeting came from in front of him.

"Hey, Mr. Li, you haven't left yet?"

Li Yuan raised his head, and his expression returned to the indifferent and arrogant attitude that only appeared to the outside world. "En, just sitting casually. President Ke and Director Xiang have just come down?"

The two young men standing before him were Ke Ming and Xiang Nansheng from Youming Studios. The former was responsible for the game project structure and the external operations of the studio, and the latter was in charge of game development.

They had co-founded "Youming Studios" when they were in college. Over the years, they had developed six or seven small games with explosive style, and could be regarded as an emerging game studio with relatively good momentum in the circle. They had also successively recruited many employees with excellent skills.

Li Yuan had searched for good original mini game IPs, and there was a brief confrontation with Ke Ming. Of course, the process was not very pleasant-

The other party had twice snatched the mini game projects that Li Yuan was interested in at a higher purchase price.