Chapter 98

Slam.

The car door closed.

The driver in the front row turned around and asked, "Where are you two going?"

Qiao Dong answered matter-of-factly, "Bo Manor."

"No, let's go around to the Imperial Capital Hospital first. I'll get off there." Pei Yi indicated for the driver to drive, then looked sideways at his assistant beside him and said, "You can take the luggage and other things home to rest later."

They had done a good job keeping the secret, and even Lin Zhong, Lao Fu, and the others didn't know.

Qiao Dong was stunned for a couple of seconds, clearly unable to react.

Pei Yi reminded him, "Have you forgotten? Today is the Old Madam's birthday celebration."

Qiao Dong returned to his senses at once and slapped his forehead. "Ah, right! Brother Yi, look at my brain, no wonder you came back in such a hurry today."

Today wasn't actually Old Mrs. Bo's birthday. It was just that she had been bedridden during that time last year, and now that she was fully recovered-

Not only did Bo Yueming want to give her a big showing, the old lady herself also wanted to have a good time.

Some time ago, Pei Yi's work in Haishi experienced unexpected complications. The entire filming plan was postponed for more than half a month, and even his return date was delayed.

When she heard that Pei Yi might not be able to make it to the birthday banquet, Old Mrs. Bo only said that Pei Yi should focus on his own work.

He was family.

There would be plenty of time to spend together in the future, so there was no rush to meet in a day or two, but Pei Yi still rushed back.

The taxi stopped on the side of the road in front of the Imperial Capital Hospital.

Qiao Dong looked at the sky, which was still bright, and asked worriedly, "Brother Yi, you really don't need me to accompany you inside?"

"No need, this is all the Bo family's territory. What can happen to me?"

Pei Yi shook his head with a chuckle, then patted his assistant on the shoulder. "You've worked hard these past two months. Go back and rest first. I'll give you a week's leave with pay."

Qiao Dong's eyes brightened when he heard Pei Yi's reward. "Thank you, Brother Yi!"

He was a little tired after a two-month business trip, but he had learned a lot of useful things at Pei Yi's side.

It was approaching six o'clock, but the sky was still light.

Pei Yi remembered the specifications and standards of the Bo family's birthday banquets. After getting out of the car, he first sent a text to Lin Zhong, so as not to let the unfamiliar attendants stop him later since he didn't have an invitation.

Once he received a reply saying that the other party would come to meet him, Pei Yi slowly approached the main entrance of the hotel.

After bypassing the giant fountain that blocked his view, hsi sharp eyes quickly noticed the scene occurring at the entrance of the hall-

An old man with a cane was insisting on going in. Two attendants blocked his progress with embarrassed expressions, but didn't dare to make physical contact with him.

Pei Yi stared at the figure's back, and a guess suddenly came to mind. He silently moved closer, and sure enough, he heard a familiar commanding tone.

"Do you know who I am? Why won't you let me in!"