Chapter 44

There was the sound of the iron gate opening and shutting outside the window.

Pei Yi's mind couldn't help but shift from the group chat interface. He got up and peered out - a familiar black car drove to the inner courtyard of the villa, then toward the garage.

Pei Yi checked the time in the lower right corner of the computer and raised his eyebrows in surprise.

Back before five o'clock?

Why did Bo Yueming get off work so early today?

Pei Yi hurriedly ended the work chat with Li Yuan and crew, and turned off the computer before leaving the room to go downstairs.

Uncle Kai, who was residing on the first floor, opened the door in a timely manner. Bo Yueming and Lin Zhong walked inside first, followed by two people behind them-

It was the driver Lao Zhang, and a young man on crutches who was being helped along by him.

Although there was still a distance between them, Pei Yi on the stairs recognized the other party right away. It was Qiao Dong, who they accidentally met in the parking lot that night.

Pei Yi had originally thought the two of them wouldn't have a chance to meet again, but now the other party had been brought home by Bo Yueming? He approached curiously, staring right at Qiao Dong.

When meeting again after more than a month, Qiao Dong's cheeks were still thin, but there was obviously a little more color to them. His long bangs had been cut short, revealing a pair of good-looking eyes.

Other than the broken left leg, the other bruises and abrasions on his exposed hands and feet had pretty much healed.

"......."

Qiao Dong looked at Pei Yi, lacking the proudness and stubbornness of when they first met, and ducked his head unconsciously.

Uncle Kai noticed Pei Yi following behind, and was curious. "Little Sir, why did you come down?"

Pei Yi looked at Bo Yueming, who had suddenly brought someone home, and called out, "Er-ge."

He didn't mean to accuse him of anything, he just didn't understand.

Hearing this soft and delicate address, Bo Yueming seemed to fear that Pei Yi would misunderstand him, so he gave a rare muffled cough.

Lin Zhong immediately understood. "Little Sir, Uncle Kai, Qiao Dong received a threatening phone call today. He has no place to go for the time being, so we brought him back first to ask about the situation."

Bo Yueming knew that Pei Yi would understand, so he said with seeming casualness, "Let's talk about it in the living room, I'm also uncertain."

If Pei Yi didn't answer, that meant he acquiesced.

In fact, he was quite curious about Qiao Dong's secrets and grievances, and it would be nice to hear his story.

. . . . . .

The group of people sat down in the living room.

Uncle Kai thoughtfully delivered corresponding drinks to everyone, and rushed to the kitchen without pause to work on dinner. There were many people eating tonight, so more needed to be prepared.

Pei Yi stared intently at Qiao Dong who was sitting alone, and became even more curious.

Bo Yueming snuck a peek at the curious kitten beside him while he drank his coffee, and after seeing the cute little mole on the back of his neck-

He was inexplicably itchy, but restrained himself.

Bo Yueming shifted his gaze hidden under the lenses, and said softly, "Qiao Dong, if you still refuse to tell the truth at this point, then no one can help you."