Chapter 85

As the largest social forum in the Chinese gaming community, Youtu naturally had a forum area for players to communicate, in addition to commercial copyright transactions and daily game sharing.

There were more than one million people online every day, and almost all first-hand news in the circle came from it.

After the original game design tournament ended last Thursday, the list of winners attracted many gamers. However, the comments on the posts were within the normal range. There were some questions, but not many.

After all, the three award-winning games had not been officially launched, and it was impossible to distinguish absolute advantages and disadvantages based on concept alone.

Then late Friday night, Deng Mufeng, the chief producer of "Dark Blue Sea," posted a message on his personal page-

"It is a pity that I couldn't lead Dark Blue Sea and the production team to achieve better results, but I still don't think that a single ranking can determine whether a game is good or bad."

"The fact that Mufeng Games has grown from scratch to what it is today is already a success that surpasses others. I hope to stick to the original intention of the game, and hope that my deep love for it will never change."

"Starting tomorrow, Dark Blue Sea will officially launch! Welcome, everyone, to playing the game with me!"

This update was actually to promote the official public beta of the game. There was nothing wrong with it in essence, but the bad thing was-

Game fans who had been following the internal beta testing firmly believed that there was "something in his remarks," so they couldn't help but post questions again on the forum.

"Why are the types of games that won awards this year so similar? How were the organizers and selection team determined? The game categories that were promised should be like a hundred flowers blooming!"

"That's right, ah! It's rare to have an ancient style game like Dark Blue Sea in recent years. The praise rate of the two rounds of internal testing are so high. Was this selection team blind?"

"Destroy the Alien Beasts and the Last Fog are both doomsday games. I also think it would have been best to choose one of the two."

"Is there any inside story, ah?"

"I feel like there's a shady background. I heard that the two major game companies invested a lot behind the scenes this time. I feel like they're tainted by the stench of money."

It was the weekend, and these questioning comments increased even more after "Dark Blue Sea" was officially launched for public beta.

After two nights of fermentation, some game netizens even rushed to the official account of the original game design competition and started to condemn it-

However, the official account pretended to be dead.

The more silent they were, the shadier it seemed.

Just when netizens were convinced of this, another explosive post hit the forum homepage-

"I'm just asking, who doesn't know that the game architect Will is hooked up to a wealthy boss and has always been a habitual offender who uses back doors to gild his own games!"

The user who posted the message was a forum account named Chasing the Wind. He had been registered for more than five years and had a high reputation in the forum.

After publishing this extremely harsh title, he also added detailed content and graphics on the main page-

"There may be some people who don't know that the award-winning 'Traces' and 'The Last Fog' were both written by Will. This has never happened in the previous seven competitions. Is it because of his ability or because of his financial resources?"