Chapter 24

"......."

Pei Huan was taken aback, and felt that Pei Yi's greeting made people's hearts tremble.

He looked at Sun Yelong, who had passed out in the room, and knew something wasn't right-

The other person clearly tried to steal a chicken only to lose the rice he lured it with,[1] and after the plot was exposed, he actually suffered a loss himself!

Qin Yishun's heart was softened by Pei Yi's greeting, but in the blink of an eye, Pei Huan was scrutinized like never before. "Xiao Huan, I heard that you also know Chairman Sun?"

"Yes, I know him."

Pei Huan met his dark eyes and got stuck.

Qin Yishun was five or six years older than Pei Huan and Pei Yi. Unsmiling since childhood, he was young and mature, and always loved to take care of the two younger brothers for the adults and elders.

One time, Pei Huan had done something wrong behind his back, and Qin Yishun caught him on the spot. After he repeatedly apologized and begged for mercy, the other party didn't tell Old Father Pei or the other adults, but Qin Yishun still looked at him with a dark face in private for a while.

Since then, Pei Huan carried an indescribable fear of this nominal cousin.

He hardly dared to show his true emotions in front of the other party, and every time they met, he used a smile to cover up the unfamiliarity of their relationship.

Qin Yishun had moved to Yuncheng with his parents since high school, and could only go back to the Imperial Capital every summer vacation.

Later, the other party enlisted in the army. With his outstanding abilities, he passed the selection for the special forces, and he and his family had not seen one another for several years.

Pei Huan had heard Old Father Pei mention before that Qin Yishun would soon be discharged from the army-

Unexpectedly, in a flash, they met here by accident.

Pei Huan quickly returned to his senses and evoked his usual smile. "When did Cousin return to the Imperial Capital? Why not say something in advance, so that......"

"Young Boss Pei, now is not the time for you cousins to exchange pleasantries." Bo Yueming interrupted and brought the topic back to the point. "As a distinguished guest invited by you, Chairman Sun knew that Pei Yi and I have a marriage contract, and even lured him into a room behind my back. Who gave him the courage?"

When Qin Yishun heard the word 'marriage,' he frowned in disapproval.

"......."

Pei Huan's smile stiffened slightly, and a trace of tension flashed deep in his eyes.

As a partner of Bo and Pei, he certainly couldn't ignore Sun Yelong, but right now, facing Pei Yi and the protectors on his left and right, it might not be that simple for him to send that person to the hospital immediately.

At this thought, Pei Huan immediately donned a shocked expression and denied it. "C-Chairman Sun had such crooked ideas about Xiao Yi? I didn't know about this, ah!"

"Second Young Master, Chairman Sun is indeed a guest invited by Mr. Bo and I because he is about to have a business partnership with Bo and Pei."

Pei Huan seemed to feel that his explanation was not appropriate enough, so he hastily added, "Oh, and just halfway through the banquet, Chairman Sun said that he was getting older and couldn't handle much alcohol, so Mr. Bo asked an attendant to open a suite and let him go upstairs to rest."