Chapter 53

“…….”

Pei Yi had never understood the words “one’s blood turned to ice” more intuitively than at this exact moment. He looked at the suddenly appearing Bo Yueming in front of him, and was at a loss for a moment.

He subconsciously hid the suitcase in his hand, and the doubts in his mind had not yet turned the corner—

How could this be?

Shouldn’t Bo Yueming be asleep at this point? And how had he recognized him immediately on the first try?

“Where do you think you’re going?”

Bo Yueming said this again, staring at Pei Yi before him unblinkingly.

After saying goodnight to each other, he had been reflecting on the problem of last night and also thinking about how best to be honest with the other party, and lost sleep over it.

It just so happened that the mineral water in the small living room was out, so Bo Yueming went downstairs to slowly pour a glass of water, and just as he returned to the living room door, he came upon this scene in front of him.

At this moment, when Bo Yueming witnessed Pei Yi’s ineffectual attempt to hide the suitcase, he became angry.

With one stride, he picked up Pei Yi by the waist.

“Ah!”

The sudden weightlessness caused Pei Yi to subconsciously drop the suitcase, and he firmly gripped Bo Yueming’s shoulders and back, losing his disguise entirely in his panic. “Bo Yueming, what are you doing?”

— Pa!

Bo Yueming spanked Pei Yi hard on the butt. “Be quiet!”

There was no restraint in the strength of his strike. Pei Yi was so ashamed that his face blushed instantly, and he fell silent.

Bo Yueming sat Pei Yi in his arms on the water bar, face to face.

Pei Yi was still immersed in the shame brought about by that palm just now, and stammered angrily, “You, you hit me?”

“I told you a long time ago that if I found you sneaking away again, you would be punished.”

Bo Yueming put his hands to either side of him, directly blocking all escape routes. “Do you dare to try it again in front of me now? I will do even crazier things.”

“I!”

Pei Yi hesitated to speak, angry and embarrassed.

How was he to know it would be this kind of punishment? From childhood to adulthood, in two lifetimes, no one had ever hit this place!

The “night owl” Inspector, who was excited to sneak out and play, saw that Pei Yi had been taken away and quickly jumped onto the water bar. “Meow-ow!”

Bo Yueming grasped Inspector’s nape coldly and set him back on the ground. “Go back and stay in your nest, or your snacks will be gone.”

He took a deep breath, and said as if speaking to either Inspector or Pei Yi, “Learn from good influences, not bad ones!”

Inspector seemed to have understood its big master’s command, and abandoned Pei Yi, going back to the room without looking back.

Seeing Inspector’s little back leave without stopping, Pei Yi gave a speechless hum. “This little cat has no conscience.”

Bo Yueming took the opportunity to pinch the mole on the back of his neck again with a hint of anger. “What about you? You also have no conscience.”