Comfortable

Sorry its so short guys. I've got a lot planned for this story, so hang in there xxx

He must have been mad to go outside in the snow for a run. I was watching it coming down through the window as I sat on Julian's couch. I'd made myself a cup of hot chocolate and was snuggled up in the heavy knit jumper I'd changed into. The shorts I wore countered the heat a little. I found an old school movie channel that was showing Christmas movies all day, so that's where I found myself for the few hours since Julian had left.

I really felt at home here, I thought to myself, my mind wandering a little. He obviously trusted me in his home, and I'd felt like I'd been here forever. It was a weird feeling to be so at ease with someone still so new, but I wasn't going to complain about that. Maybe just worry that I was falling for him a little quicker than I was comfortable with.

.....

I was making my way through 'Elf' when the door burst open, making me jump a little. I looked over the back of the couch to see Julian pulling off his shoes. He was dusted in flakes of snow, covering his hat and shoulders which made me smile. He stood, finally noticing me on the couch and gave me a crooked smile. "hey babe."
"hey" I smiled back, secretly loving the situation right now. So what if I was pretending this was a permanent thing, who wouldn't?!

"I'm gonna head for a shower, I need to warm up, it's so cold out there" he told me, I nodded and watched as he walked away, bursting out into laughter. "yeah yeah laugh it up shorty" he grumbled with a smirk as I watched him walk towards the bedroom, with two round wet patches covering his butt cheeks. "please tell me someone filmed this?!" I giggled, he turned round and playfully scowled at me, "oh don't worry I'm okay, I didn't injure myself" he rolled his eyes, making me giggle more then turned and disappeared into the bedroom.

........

JULIAN'S POV

I came out of the bedroom after warming up in the shower, a little bummed she didn't join me, but when I saw her on then couch laughing at something on her phone, I knew that Danny had sent her the video of my falling on my ass.

"good work taking Rob down with you" she laughed, wiping a tear from her eye. I rolled mine and dropped down onto the couch beside her. "what can I say, I'm thoughtful like that" I grinned. She rolled her eyes at me this time then dropped her phone onto the couch beside her. I grabbed her feet and pulled them across my lap, casually rubbing them as we fell into a comfortable silence watching the tv.

Wishing this moment would last a lifetime wasn't something I'd expect to feel. But since she came into my life, I've seen things a lot differently.