Practice

JULIAN'S POV

I groaned as I looked around. She wasn't here. Just me and my rock hard, um, little Jules, was in my bed. I scratched my head, but it felt so fucking real. I checked my cell, ugh, time to get up and hit the shower. I had to be at practice in like an hour. I was gonna be late.

.........

"what freakin time do ya call this Edelman?!?!" Belichick yelled as I came running out onto the field. "sorry coach" I put my hand up to him. I heard him mumble something under his breath, but Rob's smirking face distracted me, "Have fun last night squirrel?" He winked. I couldn't help but smirk at him. "Dola told me he'd got you to go to that dinner" he laughed, running beside me. "He tell ya I was there with Penny?" I asked with a huge smile. "fuck no!" he sounded surprised, "you and her like, back together now?" he asked, I shrugged, "not exactly" I sighed, "I dunno man. After that night at the club, something changed. It was like all the bullshit from the past few weeks had been forgotten." I told him, "I actually bumped into her a couple days after, went for a coffee and then I drove her to her work" I told him. "nice. So how was things last night?" we stopped and started to do some stretches. "awesome man." I grinned, "so you left her at your place this morning huh" Rob laughed. I chuckled, shaking my head, "nah man, I walked her to her place. I'm taking her out tomorrow night" I said, "what? you didn't put the down the Edelman charms?" he asked. I shook my head, "hey man, you know I won't play it like that with her...although I woke up this morning with the hardest dick known to man" I winced, making him laugh so loud, a couple of the guys at the other side of the field looked over at us. 

"recovered from last night man?" Dola appeared from behind us. I grinned immediately, jumping at him for a hug, "I love you man" I burst out making him laugh. "I thought you might" he laughed. "So you didn't screw it up?!" he teased. I shook my head, "taking her out Friday night" I said, pretending to polish my fingernails on my shirt. "nice one bro" 

"yeah, still can't quite believe it myself" I told them, "well after that whole craziness with Jake, she got a wake up call" Rob said, I looked at him with a frown. "after you left, she wanted to leave, so I went outside with her to make sure she got a cab okay, and she said she felt stupid for how she dealt with it all" he explained, "she knew she always wanted to be with you, but I think all the media shit freaked her out and she bailed" he shrugged. "can't blame her" he added, "nah not really" Danny agreed. "If Liv wasn't in the career she was, I think she'd struggle with the amount of attention we get" he said.

"Have you three ladies quite finished over here?!" Coach yelled as he angrily stormed over to us. Danny started to fluff out some sorta answer as me and rob began running back down the field. I wasn't even gonna let coach ruin my good mood today. 

..........

"so how did it go last night?" Danny asked as we walked out of the showers in the locker room. "honestly?" I asked him raising an eyebrow. "freakin awesome" I grinned, making danny mirror my expression. "I gotta admit, I was sittin there through that whole freakin fashion show like dying to touch her" he sighed, making Danny chuckle. "I mean, she looked awesome, and after we were talking a little while, she relaxed and it was like how we used to be" I told him, opening up my locker. "like, we were on separate tables, but she was texting me all through the dinner. she even asked me if I wanted to go for a walk with me after" I said, "we ended up walking back to her place, like, she lives like a block away from Olivia?" I squinted at Danny making him laugh. "I know right, even we don't live that close" he laughed. "it was just nice, y'know, and I mean we both acknowledged I could have gone up there with her, but we knew where it would lead, and neither of us wanted to end the night like that just yet" I said, he nodded, "totally get ya on that man" he said, "so what are you guys now though?" he asked, I shrugged, "I dunno man, I mean, I'm taking her out tomorrow night so I guess we'll talk about it then." I said, "I need to know man, I don't wanna just assume we're dating again, I wanna know where I stand. I can't deal with another freakin 6 months of no sex. I can't handle that again bubs" I cried, making danny chuckle.

.......

"Hey Jules, you still coming round to the house later?" Tom caught up with me as I walked to my car, my cell in my hand, debating whether to call or text Penny. "hey man, sure, yeah I'm comin" I nodded as we walked, "good." 

"who's coming?" I asked, knowing he was having one of his games nights, where we would all hang out, talk sports, apposing teams and tactics. "Gronk, Jimmy, Hogan and Etling. Maybe White, he's gonna call me later." 

"cool." I nodded, reaching my car, "just wanted to double check you were still available" he said, which he never usually did. I always went if I said I was gonna. "sure. I'll catch ya later then man" I said, "yeah, later" he slapped me on the shoulder and then he headed off. Weird.